• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter IV

hippocrachus

First Post
Seeing the encouragement from his female counterparts, Calenthang carefully tucks the blade into his belt with a blissful expression; all thoughts of pain and personal injury shoved aside.
"I am never one to be over-zealous," he replies to Teleri in a parody of a monotone; humor clear in his expression, thoughts of drow hidden in his eyes.
He sets the rope about his waist and makes for the other side of the whirlpool in the same fashion as he had entered.

Jarval

Explorer
"Ladies first." Andreas says with a grin, letting Chastity and Teleri go ahead of him along the passage back to the whirlpool room.

Majin

First Post
Moving through into the southwest passageway the corridor bends slightly west and goes further on into shadow up ahead. A passageway also open up to the south as well about 10 feet into the room.

Suddenly the room bursts with bright light. Vibrant colors and shapes are all the party can see in front of their eyes. A hissing voice full of malice cuts through each of your minds sharply, "I have been watching you all down here, in my lair. Like rats in a maze," the voice chuckles. "My sister insults me, sending such weaklings to defeat me. You will all perish here!"

Blinded by the colors in front of her, Teleri hears another voice overpower the other, "Jump back!" Without a thought she obeys the command, it's source unknown. As she dives away she feels thick scales glance by her legs where she was standing only a second ago. Whatever that second voice was, she realized it may have just saved her life.

Initiative:

Ayden - 19 - Unaffected
Calenthang - 17 - Blinded & Stunned (2 rounds) then Stunned (1 round)
Teleri - 16 - Blinded & Stunned (1 round) then Stunned (1 round)
Chastity - 14 - Unaffected
Dunstand - 11 - Blinded & Stunned (2 rounds) then Stunned (1 round)
Sielwoodan - 10 - Blinded & Stunned (2 rounds) then Stunned (1 round)
Drogo - 6 - Unaffected
Tyrinth - 5
Andreas - 3 - Unaffected

Majin

First Post
OOC: Since the Color Spray spell did not affect him, (and all those not affected) he can see a thick snake-like shape moving through the water. Length and girth together would seem 14 feet long and about 300 pounds. Enough, with the light you have, to tell with enough certainty that it's a naga or at least a giant snake. ;)

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Drogo

Drogo frowns. It looks like battle is inevitable and upon them. Taking a deep breath, he calls out to the living spirit that permiates nature, calling it to assist this druid, its earthy representative, by providing a porpoise to assist in this battle.

OOC: Summon nature's ally I, Drop Magic Fang

PORPOISE
Medium Animal
Hit Dice: 2d8+2 (11 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: Swim 80 ft. (16 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (+3 Dex, +2 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+1
Attack: Slam +4 melee (2d4)
Full Attack: Slam +4 melee (2d4)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Blindsight 120 ft., hold breath, low-light vision
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1
Abilities: Str 11, Dex 17, Con 13, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +8*, Spot +7*, Swim +8
Feats: Weapon Finesse
Environment: Temperate aquatic
Organization: Solitary, pair, or school (3–20)
Challenge Rating: 1/2
Advancement: 3–4 HD (Medium); 5–6 HD (Large)
Level Adjustment: —
Porpoises are mammals that tend to be playful, friendly, and helpful. A typical porpoise is 4 to 6 feet long and weighs 110 to 160 pounds. The statistics presented here can describe any small whale of similar size.
Combat
Blindsight (Ex): Porpoises can “see” by emitting high-frequency sounds, inaudible to most other creatures, that allow them to locate objects and creatures within 120 feet. A silence spell negates this and forces the porpoise to rely on its vision, which is approximately as good as a human’s.
Hold Breath (Ex): A porpoise can hold its breath for a number of rounds equal to 6 x its Constitution score before it risks drowning.
Skills: A porpoise has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line. *A porpoise has a +4 racial bonus on Spot and Listen checks. These bonuses are lost if its blindsight is negated.

Last edited:

Remove ads