• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter V

Verbatim

Explorer
As the vision ended, Ayden felt his blood turn to ice and knew that the road they were about to travel was a dangerous one, one that could potentially end in all of their deaths were they not careful. Opening his mouth to speak, Ayden's words were drowned out as a chilling screech echoed up to them from the hole where the scout had just climbed down.

~It has began already...Uncle give us strength...~

As his companions began moving into action, Ayden followed Calenthang's lead and quickly grabbed the rope leading into the hole and started sliding down. He felt the rope beginning to burn into his hands, but ignored it knowing that if he did not act quickly, it might be too late.

ooc: As I am not sure how much Ayden can get done this round, I want him to enter the hole and if possible attack. If it is not possible, then he will attack with the hammer next round.

Mimic

First Post
Hearing the noise Broddy will grab his crossbow and attempt to shoot one of the flying bat things that aren't in combat with his companions.

Manzanita

First Post
Drogo

"I wonder how dangerous these creatures are?" mutters Drogo. He'll grip his spear with one hand, and the rope with the other. After Ayden gets down, he'll begin his descent.

Dhes

Explorer
Letting him self slip the last few feet, Dunstand flinches at the burning sensation of the rope slipping trough his hands. As the rogue reaches the floor, he quickly draws his Rapier and franticly tries to hit any bat that comes near. “ahhhhh, Bats, there are millions of glowing bats down here. If any one is coming down, now would be a good time.”
Ooc: My god, ENworld is up, I see that it was up for most of you. I think they just don’t like hollish people . :(

Pleas treat this post as if it was posted after majin, or not, doesn’t really mater.

Majin

First Post
(Drogo appears to be readying an action to go after Ayden so he will make his descent then)
(Those also climbing down this round that have a speed of 30 may attack)

Sielwoodan takes aim and quickly sends two arrows towards one of the vargouilles circling Dunstand. Both pierce the creature and send it spiraling into a nearby wall, dead. Calenthang starts his climb down the rope and manages to get about 20 feet of the way. Any going behind him will have to wait for him to get to the bottom to proceed. (Unless they want to try to perform some fancy moves ;) )

Broddy shoots a bolt from his crossbow down at the bat-like creatures, flinches as he hears it shatter upon hitting nothing but rock. Dunstand draws his weapon as he hits the floor, ready to attack. (No more moves left to attack this round)

Teleri conjures water above the hole, letting it fall to the cavern floor below, unfortunately not managing to land it on top of one of the randomly veering vargouilles. She does manage to get Dunstand wet though. Ayden and Drogo begin their descent into the cavern below.

In turn each one of the five remaining vargouilles shriek horribly. Terror shakes through everyone's bodies. Those that can't shrug it off (Ayden, Teleri, Broddy) are paralyzed for 3 rounds.

Initiative:

Drogo - 26
Sielwoodan - 19
Calenthang - 18
Broddy - 15 (Paralyzed)
Dunstand - 10
Teleri - 8 (Paralyzed)
Vargouilles (5) - 7
Ayden - 6 (Paralyzed)

kirinke

First Post
ooc:
darn. thought i was going to be able to soak (at close range) those bat-things enough so that they'd be grounded. Good idea.... maybe in a few levels she'll be able to do it. :)

IC
Teleri curses as the idea flops. When the creatures shriek, that thought flees from her mind and she can do no more than shake uncontrollably as the sheer terror skitters like a pack of maddened rats in her mind.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Drogo

Drogo shutters at the frightening screeches. "Golems. He mutters. I should have summoned an ally instead..." He'll continue down at this point and proabably attack with his spear (+6 1d4 +1)

Verbatim

Explorer
As Ayden's feet hit the gound, his ears were filled with a sound that seemed that it came straight from the Abyss itself. The sounds cut through his mental defenses and left him shaking with fright and unable to do anything but stare straight ahead, his eyes seeing nothing but the inner demons the shrieks unleashed inside of him.

Dhes

Explorer
Dunstand is momentarily stunned as he first he gets drenched by a freak rainfall and than by the horrible sound emanating from the bats. Seeing that he is quickly joined by his companions, he hefts his Rapier and fights on with renewed vigor.
(+4 Melee, Rapier, 1d6+1)

hippocrachus

First Post
Undaunted by the paralyzing screeching, Calenthang curses himself for not being able to down the vargouilles before they sent his companions out of commission. He climbs down the rest of the way and moves to attack the vargouilles.
Close your eyes and the darkness is not so oppressive.

Remove ads