The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter V

kirinke

First Post
ooc: That's for spreading teleri's skill points around. :)
Oh well. On with the gibbering in fear!

IC:
Teleri tries to shut her eyes, to block out the horrible sight of those creatures; she tries to curl up in a fetal ball, but the fates are not kind. So, she remains standing, the fear skittering up and down her spine, even as she fights against it. Somehow, someway, she can feel it lessen, slowly an increment at a time....

Last edited:

Majin

First Post
Drogo stabs at the nearest vargouille with all his might, skewering the creature onto his spear. (Crit! 9 damage) The creature makes a few pathetic squeaks as it flaps its wings futiley before it finally dies. Sielwoodan makes the same example of the next one as an arrow finds its target, killing another, leaving only one remaining, which is quickly dealt with by a powerful blow from Calenthang, cleaving the creature in twain.

hippocrachus

First Post
Seeing his companions coming about, Calenthang glances at them with a worried expression and then turns to the passage leading out of this little cavern foyer and stands guard.
"Do we need rest?" he asks with his back facing them.

kirinke

First Post
Teleri finally gains control of the fear, feeling it slide away, almost magically.
She blinks, rapidly, finding that the battle is over. Leaning down, she is relieved to see that no one is hurt, at least not that she can see.

"Is everyone alright?" she asks in concern, pupils still huge from the after affects of the vargouille's screech.

OOC:
Dhes, better pipe up about dunstand's bite. Seeing as how we don't know what those critters do (and what majin might tweak :)), any kind of injury is bound to have lasting effects. I mean, normal bats can carry rabies for example. I'd not want to see what kind of side-effects those vargoulle bites would do.

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
As quickly as his terror filled dreams had entered his mind, they released their hold of Ayden with the same manic speed. Looking around, he saw the bodies of the slain creatures and felt a shiver race through his spine as he thought of the ease with which they had rendered him as useless as a storm frightened child.

Standing back up, Ayden turned to face his companions and hoped that they would not think less of him for being too weak of spirit to resist the creature's attack.

"I cry your pardon all for my weakness, but I could not resist their unholy screech. Finder has said that the creatures we would face would challange us greatly, and it seems that his warning is already coming true."

When Teleri asked if any were wounded, Ayden's hand quickly reached out for the bag at his hip, but waited to draw out the wand until he found out if any were truly wounded.

Dhes

Explorer
Dunstand re-sheaths his Rapier and kicks one of the bat-like creatures in its distorted face. “Ha, one of them went right for me but with some quick thinking and some fancy sword play it only managed to nibble on my shoulder before I ran it trough.” Seeing that the rest of the group made it down alright. “He! how com you guys aren’t wet?”

Mimic

First Post
Broddy shakes his head a little as if to clear the remaining fear from him. "Well that wasn't very nice." He mutters to himself as he checks to make sure his familiar is ok.

Once that is done he will climb down the rope (or at least attempt to) and join the rest of the party

kirinke

First Post
Teleri blinks, eyes rapidly going back to normal. "Dunstand, did you feel anything when it bit you? Dizziness, nausea?" she asked, decades of healing experience coming to the fore.

"It would be a safe bet that those things carry some kind of poison, perhaps slow acting or not. Whatever the effects, it's bound to be unpleasant. We need to get you checked out by the local priests. I don't have the expertise to handle something like this, and I doubt that Ayden does either," she called down, holding the rope steady for Broddy before descending herself.

If I have to, I'll knock him down myself before hauling him to the healers. Those things look positively nasty. I'd hate to think what they're capable of doing to whatever they 'nibble' on. she thinks to herself.

Last edited:

Badger

First Post
As Dunstand spoke of being bitten by one of the creatures, Ayden approached him and began examining the bite area.

"Let me take a look at the wound Dunstand, perhaps it is serious, but perhaps not."

ooc: Heal check to see if he can see the tale tell signs of poison entering the bloodstream from the bite area.

Remove ads