The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter V

Velmont

First Post
"Shadow is not enough. Caves carry sounds on long distance. Silence, as much as you can give me some, will help us too." reply Sielwoodan to Ayden.

They will never learn... the silence is made of gold... so said my father. In silence, we can pass like a ghost near some danger. In silence, we can hear the predator coming. Words are usefull only when used to tell the necessary... people of the city just can't understand that. thinks Sielwoodan

Sielwoodan close near enough the mushroom to examine them, seeing if he is familiar with them.

As he feels the hand of Dunstand, he looks back at him "No, and it is because I know that that I am still alive. Let's move."

Mimic

First Post
Verbatim said:
"I will admit that my knowledge of the depths and what lies inside of them is very limited, so I ask you all is there anything you can think of that could help us decide which path to take? Is there a creature that could disguise itself as rock or shroom that could alert those we pursue of our presence? I know it may sound silly for me to ask these things, but please humor me. Any stray bit of knowledge you may be able to remember could help us."

Broddy's face lights up at Ayden's questions. "I can help you with that," Boddy tells him with a smile, taking in a big breath of air, his familiar pops his head out of his bag giving him a 'what-did-you-just-do' look.

"Firstly, there are some mushrooms we have to be carefull of, they are called screamers and well they make a lot of noise when someone comes by. Not to dangerous by themselves but the noise alerts any creatures around, a lot of underground races use them as an early warning system. No one really knows how these mushrooms developed, some say it was some sort of magical creation but I think that it was more of a natural selection kind of thing. If something is going to eat you make a lot of noise and attract something that will eat whatever was going to eat you..."

Broddy will continue to talk unconcerned about where he is.

kirinke

First Post
Teleri winces as Broddy continues to ramble. From experience, she learned to simply let him talk. Getting him to be quiet was a waste of time. She likened it to trying to stop a flood with cheese-cloth. Nigh unto impossible. "Um Broddy, anything else we need to look out for?" she asked quietly, trying to keep him on track.

Majin

First Post
As Sielwoodan stalks closer to the mushrooms to examine them suddenly an ear-piercing wail emits from two of the larger fungi.

Velmont

First Post
Sielwoodan quickly fall back, raise his bow and start to looks around, waiting to see if something is coming...

"By Selune... they do even more noise than Broddy!"

Manzanita

First Post
Drogo

"Whoops. SO much for my theory. We should probably hide now. Or after we destroy these little alarms, at least."

Drogo will advance and spear the offending mushrooms.

hippocrachus

First Post
Calenthang draws his sword calmly at the sound of the alarming mushrooms, spitefully thinking to himself: It was the scout and not I that gave us away, but quickly reprimands himself for being unjust.
"I doubt our hearing-impaired friends will like this..." the wood elf mumbles to those closest to him.

kirinke

First Post
Teleri winces at the ear-peircing shriek and shrugs off her bow, backing as far away from the stationary mushroom critters as she can while still remaining in the same general area. As she backs away, she fits an arrow to her bow, preparing to shoot anything that wants to kill her or her companions.

"Somebody shut that thing off!" she snarls and suiting action to words, fires her own arrow at the shrieking mushroom.

Last edited:

Mimic

First Post
"What?... Oh yes... other creatures... Well you have the standard goblinkin races, kobolds, goblins, orcs and such. They would be more numerous closer to the surf.." Broddy's rambling are cut off by the high pitched whine made by the mushrooms. He backs off and attempts to blend in with the shadows (hide in shadows +6) and gets his crossbow ready for any other creatures arriving.

Remove ads