The Last Gods - In Game - The Candlelight Avengers

D20Dazza

Explorer
[sblock=ringojim]You know that the normal beholder has the ability to cancel all magic (and psionics) just by staring at something. They have also been known to command monsters and people, disintergrate matter, cause people to flee in fear, cause people to drop dead, cause flesh to turn to stone, inflcit horrible wounds, cause creatures to fall asleep mid action, and cause creatures and objects to move violently through the air just by looking at them with one of their 10 eye stalks:D[/sblock]

ringojim

First Post
Athear thinks for a moment and says Guys, I think it was that thing staring at us that nailed our magic, if I put an arrow in that eye will we get our magic back? I know I could make the shot

D20Dazza

Explorer
The beholder you stand upon is the size of a small planet, its eye the size of a small country (or tasmania), your arrows won't do much to affect it.

ringojim

First Post
Do any of you guys know much about beholders? This ones a big sucker but it'd be good to have our magic back. They always get more powerful as they get bigger? What'd you reckon, shall I stick it and see what happens? It could be funny!

Last edited:

ringojim

First Post
Might be good for shock value though! hehe. It certainly won't expect us to mess with it! Are we game guys? What do you reckon? Lets go it! :)

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I wouldn't unless you want a planet-sized disintegrate ray shot at us. I do have an idea though. If we could somehow move out of range, we could try to block off the line of effect with a sheet of lead or something like that...or we could go inside a building--the walls should keep us safe from the effect."

ringojim

First Post
You guys get to the entrance, I'll get as close as I can then hit it. As I do I'll shout you run in I'll leg it down and join you. Let's see what happens!]

ringojim

First Post
Oops, wrong thread:

ringojim said:
Jharvym, you guys make a bolt for the door,I'm gonna wing this sucker & see what happens. I'll wait til I see you are down there. Go, go, go! Wooooohoooooo!

Run guys! :) See ya in Bahamutville

Fenris

Adventurer
"Athear, wait a moment. Don't do anything rash yet. Let us all move past this thing. If this thing is so large, it will not notice gnats such as us unless we sting it. If we cannot avoid it, then let us consider other means. But I fear any attack will only anger it. Let sleeping beholders lie." cautions Kerin

Remove ads