• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Long Arm of Lauto 1: Algarezh Hoofchew

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Cross will provoke an OA for having the FS attack, since it's attacking with a ranged power. Is that ok, or do you want to change?

SeaPainter

First Post
ooc: Cross will provoke an OA for having the FS attack, since it's attacking with a ranged power. Is that ok, or do you want to change?

ooc: That's fine... he's a little lost in the moment and the fire. In the throes of his bloodlust, he's already disregarding the potential damage the sphere is going to do to Balth & himself. I suppose he'd also disregard this opening as well... although if the OA does more than 4 damage, then I will try using the "Staff of Defense" immediate interupt which will give a +2 to my AC against that attack.

Dawn Raven

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I'll keep the actions, it ends up with me healing for plenty and getting temp hp to boot. Plus I want those guards dead!

Edit: And you defenders should do more defending :p We're dyin' here! *lolz at Kruk's unharmed status*
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Dawn Raven, note that Les doesn't get the temp HP from her own Bastion of Defense; it only helps allies, not herself. So the only healing she gets is from her second wind. Also, please do roll that save vs. the ongoing damage.

garyh

First Post
[sblock=Most Damage]I know my brutal rogue bugbear Hrav had a single hit in which he crit'ed with Torturous Strike with sneak attack and Predatory Strike with his large rapier and did 50 damage (2d10 + 4 + 4 + 2d6 + 4 + 1d6 all maxed), taking a leader-artillery-type kobold from unharmed to dead in one hit. That was it for the round, so for a single round he's behind Kruk, but for a single hit, he's ahead.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
I think we need a records thread to keep track of some of this stuff. Vashik might be a contender for most damage taken in one round, too. :)

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
ooc: I was thinking the same thing, covaithe. Put things like most damage given/taken in a turn/hit, first characters to reach level X, etc... I think it'd be something really cool for the community. For the record, Vashik took 23 damage last round.

Dunamin

First Post
[sblock=Records]Hi folks, looks like quite the dramatic fight!

The idea on records sound like a cool idea, though I can say you guys aren't taking the prize for punishment recieved so far. Our cleric Tander went from full health to dying when he took 31 pts damage in a single turn during our first combat, the same fight where my character Woe started his very first turn dazed, prone, and with 24 pt damage.

Best of luck against Hoofchew! :)[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I appreciate you rolling for me. I was travelling back to work in Fort McMurray and my room was not available so I been in a hotel :S As for the records that's an awesome idea!! Wicked hit Kruk! Also I'm planning on updating Vashik specifically to reflect the scarring from that wound. He just got impaled... by a spear... twice... Ow. Also did one of you judges want to start the records thread? Or should one of us?[/sblock]

[sblock=save]Just for when it comes up Save Vs Poison (1d20+1=2) Wow Vashik is not destined to pass saving throws [/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=records]I'm thinking a wiki page rather than a thread, so that maintaining it can be a community effort. Which means there's no need to wait for me to do it. However, may I suggest that further discussion take place in the discussion thread?[/sblock]

Remove ads