• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Long Arm of Lauto:Broken Wards (DM:Ukingsken)

ukingsken

First Post
Vrrsk't talks quickly with Kamotz, and tells him of how his people use the fires of Apoli to burn away the darkness. By suggesting a few techniques used by his people, Vrrsk't has given Kamotz insight into how he might counteract this energy.

[Sblock=Aid Another] Success on aiding Kamotz with his next religion check[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
The shifter ignores the spoils of war for a moment, heading toward the pulsing artifact.

Kamotz just looks on in horror, too tired to speak as Morvannon sacrifice's the golden disk.

Seeing Magnus reroute the energy into his holy symbol, and hearing Vrrsk't's words of wisdom. Kamotz realizes what need be done.

Grasping his holy symbol in one hand, Scythe in the other, the shifter strides confidently toward the scepter. The altar is at once slippery and stick to the touch. Uttering a low prayer, radiant purple and white fire springs forth from the shaggy hand, which is extended directly into the arcing energy from altar to scepter.

Blasting waves of necrotic pain fill the shifter's body, Kamotz drops to his knees, yet flame-engulfed hand remained. The reek of burnt fur filled the room.

Through clenched teeth Kamotz spoke to Morvannon and Vixo, Make a hole, and pull the scepter away from the circle! Pull it away! Then the eyelids closed and Kamotz' body went limp, though his hand remained, as arcs of negative arcane power coruscated down his form.

[sblock=OOC]
Religion check 23

Dimsdale, I'm fine with whomever gets the Fullblade, if you would like it, by all means. Kamotz does want a fullblade, however the flavor will likely be that it is a scythe. This is obviously a fullblade... So Grakk be joy.

[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=Initiative]
Vixo YOUR TURN
Morvannon
Magnus
Grakk
Vrrsk't
Kamotz [/sblock]
Energy arcing from the shifter to the scepter, Morvannon and Vixo manage to wrench the scepter several inches closer to the edge of the altar before the shifter falters, and the sickening radiance takes back control of the scepter, once again locking it in place.

As you all struggle with the scepter, trying your best to stem the tide of negative energy rushing back into it, you glance towards the door and see a wall of light pushing it's way through the door. Everything it touches is decaying, aging before your eyes. Your time is short.

[sblock=Success] Another success bringing the totals to 4 Successes 1 Failure![/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

Dimsdale, I'm fine with whomever gets the Fullblade, if you would like it, by all means. Kamotz does want a fullblade, however the flavor will likely be that it is a scythe. This is obviously a fullblade... So Grakk be joy.

[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]

Thanks CabaNa :).

[/sblock]

As Grakk searches for a massive chunk of rock, he is shocked to see the evil radiance getting closer and closer to the group. He turns to warn the party: "We've got to hurry! Time is running out. The evil light draws closer to us!" With that warning, Grakk finds a rock to his liking and heads for it.

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Glad to see people expressing interest in the next adventure. It will most certainly continue your service to Death! Aaaaaand it's much easier to design and adventure when you know who your players are hahaha so I kind of had you all in mind when I drew it up[/sblock]

Brain

First Post
Vixo tries to stay calm despite all of the clamor. He grabs the scepter and pulls, trying to assist by absorbing some of the energy.

[sblock=ooc]Trying an endurance check. Invisible castle is down right now, at least for me. I'm also not having any luck getting Vixo's character sheet to load either. Please make an endurance check for me, or some other skill if it's more appropriate.

I'm interested in the next adventure but August is a very busy month for me. I'm going to be gone for the greater part of the month, so it is probably better if I sit it out. My first absence begins tomorrow, and may last up to a week. Please NPC Vixo while I'm gone.[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

I'll be gone for large chunks of august too, gencon and weddings... However I'll do my best at all points to post on a regular basis.

[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
Vixo reaches out towards the scepter. Wrapping his scaked hand around it, his back arches in agony as waves of negative energy crackle through his body. Small tendrils of smoke curl up from his body but the radiance noticably dims as the scepter moves closer to the edge of the altar.

[sblock=actions]Endurance 1d20+9=29

Thats another success for 5 total![/sblock]
[sblock=ooc] I'm about to disappear for about a week cus im seeing chickenfoot, Our Lady Peace, finger eleven, sloan, The Answer, Anvil, and ACDC. So I may not be able to post until friday afternoon. Just letting you all know.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads