• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Long Arm of Lauto:Broken Wards (DM:Ukingsken)

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=Initiative]
Vixo HP:12/33 (Bloodied) Surges:8/9 (8) AP:0 Def:17/14 /17/12 SW:Unused
Morvannon HP:22/27 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:0 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused Concealment
Magnus HP:24/25 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:0 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused
Slardazial 151 Damage (Bloodied) Warlocks Curse
Grakk HP:19/29 Surges:12/13 (8) AP:0 Def:16/16/13/11 SW:Unused Your Turn Marked EO Phantom NT
Vrrsk't HP:25/29 Surges:9/12 (9) AP:0 Def:20/15/14/13 SW:Used
Kamotz HP:-3/26 (Dying) Surges:8/9 (6) AP:0 Def:17/14/10/16 SW:Unused Prone
Phantom N 21 Damage (Bloodied)Warlocks Curse Divine Challenge[/sblock]

Vixo seeing an opportunity rushes around the party, finally boxing Slardazial in on all sides. Lunging forward Slardazial impossibly manages to bat aside Vixo's blade, unholy strength and speed powering his limbs that even now rot before your eyes.

Spinning in place, parrying strikes left and right, Slardazial is somehow fending all 4 of you off simultaneously. Seeing Morvannon backing off he lunges, Landing a solid blow and crunching the bones in Morvannons shoulder. Gritting his teeth through the pain Morvannon rushes southward and focuses his hatred into a blast of Eldritch energy that scythes through Slardazials shoulder.

Bleeding from Numerous wounds Slardazial is nicked again and again by the small fractured pieces of nothingness surrounding him. Knowing his time is short Slardazial looks around at the 3 enemies still around him. Looking down at Kamotz he grins that wicked smile, his tusk finally tearing through the now rotted flesh of his lips.

Thisss body may not be long for the world fool priesst, but nor is yourss.

Completely ignoring Grakk and Vixo, Slardazial twirls his mace menacingly in one hand, negative energy building around the head. Raising it high over his head he slmas it down at Kamotz's prone form. The mace connects solidly with the back of Kamotz's head and a bright flash of holy light explodes from Kamotz's holy symbol, holding off the negative energy that washes over him. However the blow manages to reopen his head wound, and Kamotz plunges back into darkness.

Laughing Slardazial turns to the rest of you. The battle has taken it's toll on him, and his body seems inches away from complete collapse as the flesh continues to rot in front fo you.

Finisshhh thisss foolssss, that I might rissse once more in my massstersss ssserviccce, sssstronger then before.

[sblock=Actions] Slardazial 1d20+11=19, 1d6+8=14
Slardazial - Free Action to attack Morvannon (Hit AC) 14 damage

1d20+15=18, 1d6+8=9, 1d20+12=14, 2d8+11=21
Slardazial - Standard action to attack Kamotz (Primary Hit AC, Secondary Miss Fort) 9 damage[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc] So I just realized that I've been forgetting a static bonus to his damage and attacks for Slardazials last few attacks. Ah well, my fault hahaha. I cant believe he missed that secondary btw. If he hadn't Kamotz's head would have just exploded, literally. He would have been at -22 and his head would have splattered all of your faces.

Sigh bad guys never win :(

Also as an update Kamotz now holds the L4W record for most times knocked unconcious in one fight and is simultaneously in the lead for most damage sustained in one encounter at 70, with Grakk trailing in a close second at 66. Also FYI the total damage incurred by your party this encounter is 257 and counting, although I doubt Slardazial gets to go again so it shouldn't jump too much.[/sblock]

[sblock=map] Updated map is here.[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Grakk regains his balance and winces at the pain in his calf from a blow delivered by the phantom to his south. Still, the blow is not enough to undo his intense focused attention on the cleric. Turning to the cleric he states: "Your time on this world is coming to an end fallen cleric...taking a deap breath and exhaling slowly...May my blade be the one that finishes you off!" He thrusts his blade towards the cleric's unprotected back.

[sblock=actions]
movement: none
minor: quick glance at the full blade resting by Vrrst'k's feet :)

attack: devestating strike on the cleric to his west (flanking): 1d20+7+2 = 25

(Wooh...I glanced at the map again and realized that I'm not flankling the cleric) so subtract 2...23...Also, is it true that if I don't attack the one enemy who is marking me that I take a -2 penalty to my attack roll when I attack someone else? If so, subtract another 2...21. I still hope that is a hit).

damage: 1d10+10+1d8 = 20
[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

I just wanted to let you know that I will be out of town for a few days, and will most likely return Wednesday. Who knows ENworld might even be working properly by then. Anyway Magnus most likely course of action, provided nothing changes the situation to much, will be to maintain the flaming sphere, use it if he can without hurting his comrades, and cloud of daggers/thunderwave as appropriate, but feel free to NPC him however you need to.

Cheers and have fun until I get back.

[/sblock]

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Vrrsk't sees Kamotz falling again, but he reaches out his hand, saying, "Not yet, friend. The sun has not set on your story," and Kamotz regains consciousness once again.

Vrrsk't then sends his flail through the area in space occupied by the phantom, but it doesn't seem like he's doing any damage. He then circles closer to Slardazial, hoping to get his attention soon.

[sblock=ooc]
minor: Lay on Hands on Kamotz; I burn a healing surge, he goes back to 6 HP.
standard: Holy Strike on the Phantom, with combat advantage: 1d20+6+2=13 vs AC. 16 radiant damage if i somehow hit.
move: shift SW (unless Phantom miraculously died, in which case shift N)
[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=Initiative]
Vixo HP:12/33 (Bloodied) Surges:8/9 (8) AP:0 Def:17/14 /17/12 SW:Unused
Morvannon HP:22/27 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:0 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused Concealment
Magnus HP:24/25 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:0 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused
Grakk HP:19/29 Surges:12/13 (8) AP:0 Def:16/16/13/11 SW:Unused Marked EO Phantom NT
Vrrsk't HP:25/29 Surges:9/12 (9) AP:0 Def:20/15/14/13 SW:Used
Kamotz HP:-3/26 (Dying) Surges:8/9 (6) AP:0 Def:17/14/10/16 SW:Unused Prone Your Turn
Phantom N 21 Damage (Bloodied)Warlocks Curse Divine Challenge[/sblock]

With a mighty swing of his blade, Grakk seperates Slardazials head from his body. Animated by the negative energy poring from the scepter his body turns and makes a feeble swipe at Grakk, falling short and toppling to the ground as his head comes to rest ten feet away.

As the head slowly spins to a stop, once more it's lips move and you all here his papery voice echo in your ears.

Thank you for delivering me unto my masster. I will have my vengancce and I will gnaw your bonessss!

As his voice fades, the shadows pool around his dismembered corpse and clawed hands lunge out of them grabbing Slardazials remains. The claws drag Slardazial down through the floor, vanishing without a trace.

Trying to capitalize on the Phantoms mometary loss of direction Vrrsk't strikes out. However his attack is to no avail, passing through the trailing edge of the Phantoms foot and doing no damage.

[sblock=actions] Death Strike 1d20+13=16, 1d6+8=13
Slardazial - Free action to Death strike Grakk (Miss AC)[/sblock]

[sblock=map] New map is here.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Grakk roars a battle cry as the head topples off the cleric, but then stops and stares in horror as the head on the floor continues to talk. "What sort of evil is this!" he screams as he shifts his gaze to each member his group. He then grips his sword and shifts to find another foe to strike.

[sblock=ooc]
I don't know about anyone else, but this downtime is driving me crazy. Hopefully things will get fixed soon.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads