The Long Arm of Lauto:Broken Wards (DM:Ukingsken)

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Perfectly appropriate spot! Also thats a miss :p Just waiting on CaBaNa and I'll update :p hahaha not that I'm in a rush.[/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
The bloody shifter stands and unswervingly attacks the half-orc husk of a cleric that used to be his fellow.

Barely recognizable, his face almost that of a full lycanthrope. Slavering blood over his enemy the shifter bites and swings his scythe at the same time, past the point of conscious thought, and acting on muscle memory and instinct. The move cost him though, as his scythe swings low toward his nemesis.

[sblock=ooc]on my iPod, but wanted to keep you all moving

Kamotz stands righteous brand on slardazial. [/sblock]

[sblock=EDIT]

I'm going through and doing the rolls now, then I'm gone until monday...

Feel free to NPC Kamotz as necessary.

Minor Longtooth shifting (gain regen 2 while bloodied, and attacks deal an extra 2 damage.) Lasts until End of Encounter or until unconscious (any time now...)

Move Kamotz stands

Standard Righteous Brand on Slardazial, 13 to hit AC for 11 (includes longtooth shifting) damage, and if this hits, Vixo gets a +4 to his next melee attack vs. Slardazial

(I only caught two below 0 drops on Kamotz as well... So hurry up and finish him already... ;) )

@Dimsdale I'm really enjoying this group as well... I think Ukingsken put together a real party building experience here. Lots of room for character development (especially for Kamotz), and because of the severe difficulty it has created some great character bonds.

I'll definetly be updating Kamotz fluff after this adventure to include this group...

[/sblock]

Last edited:

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=Initiative]
Vixo HP:12/33 (Bloodied) Surges:8/9 (8) AP:0 Def:17/14 /17/12 SW:Unused Your Turn
Morvannon HP:27/27 (6 Temp HP) Surges:8/8 (6) AP:0 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused Concealment
Magnus HP:24/25 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:0 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused
Slardazial 138 Damage (Bloodied) Warlocks Curse
Grakk HP:22/29 Surges:12/13 (8) AP:0 Def:16/16/13/11 SW:Unused Marked EO Phantom NT
Vrrsk't HP:25/29 Surges:9/12 (9) AP:0 Def:20/15/14/13 SW:Used
Kamotz HP:6/26 (Bloodied) Surges:8/9 (6) AP:0 Def:17/14/10/16 SW:Unused Prone Shifted
Phantom N 21 Damage (Bloodied) Divine Challenge Warlocks Curse[/sblock]

As Grakk stumbles forward, akwardly cutting his blade into the ground, he exposes his back to the phantom. The vaporous sword catches Grakk in the back of the thigh, chilling him and drawing his eyes over the back of his shoulder to the Phantom.

The Phantom then turns to menace Vixo, but without it's companions assistance the spirit fails to hit the nimble kobold.

ROUND 7 - FIGHT!

[sblock=Actions]Phantom Opportunity 1d20+8=14, 1d8+1=3 Phantom 1d20+8=11, 1d8+1=8
Phantom - Opportunity Action to attack Grakk (Hit Ref) 3 damage (Marked EO Phantoms NT)
Standard Action to attack Vixo (Miss Ref)[/sblock]

[sblock=map] The updated map is here.[/sblock]

Last edited:

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
[sblock=More Divine Challenge]
minor: Divine Challenge Phantom
Phantom -
Standard Action to attack Vixo (Miss Ref)

That's 6 Radiant damage pls. :)
[/sblock]

The Phantom howls as a beam of divine sunlight cuts through the gloom, briefly illuminating the scene as though the fight were happening outside on a sunny day. The light then winks out.

"Stand and fight me, you filthy coward!"

Last edited:

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] hahaha my bad, consider his damage updated above. Wish I'd paid more attention, might of attacked Vrrsk't instead.

Also if any of you have been following my posts in the world records thread, we currently have a close contest for most damage received in an encounter, with Vixo (46), Kamotz (61), and Grakk (66) in the lead. Who will win?!

Also if Kamotz gets beat unconcious once more, he wins the prize for most knockouts. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Brain

First Post
Vixo slips out and around to surround the (hopefully) waning evil cleric and attack once more.

[sblock=actions]
Minor: shift w
Move: move nw, n, n, ne, se into flanking
Standard: riposte strike in flanking on slardi (1d20+12=20, 1d4+5+2d8+3=19)

if that hits then if slardi attacks vixo - Imm Int riposte: +9 vs. AC, 1d4+4 damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Vixo - Male Kobold Rogue 2
Passive Perception:17, Passive Insight:12, Senses: Normal
AC:17, Fortitude:14, Reflex:17, Will:12 -- Speed:6, Size: Small
HP: 18/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges left 8/9
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Current status effects: none
Powers -
Shifty (Minor action shift 1) [Kobold Racial]
Deft Strike [Rogue 1]
Riposte Strike [Rogue 1]

Dazing Strike[Rogue 1]
Multiclass Fighter Power [Student of the Sword Feat]

Blinding Barrage [Rogue 1]
Sneak in the Attack [Rogue 2]
[/sblock]

RedBeardJim

First Post
Morvannon looks wide-eyed as the deranged cleric's swing whiffs past him, then backs away quickly to gain some space. As the shadows close around him again, he gestures with the stone rod in his right hand to send another bolt back at Slardy.

[sblock=Actions]Move: SE, S, S, S -- concealment maintained, Slardy can take an OA
Standard: Eldritch Blast vs. Slardy -- hits Reflex 19 for 10 total damage -- feh, nice damage roll.[/sblock]
[sblock="Mini stat"]Morvannon Rinael - Level 1 Half-Elf Warlock
Passive Perception:11, Passive Insight:18, Initiative:+0 Senses: Low-light
AC:15, Fortitude:12, Reflex:14, Will:15 -- Speed:6, Size: Medium
HP: 27/27, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 6, Surges left 8/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Eldritch Blast
Eyebite
Warlock's Curse (minor)
Misty Step (Warlock Pact Boon)

Witchfire
Scorching Burst (Dilettante power)

Curse of the Dark Dream[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc] hahaha my bad, consider his damage updated above. Wish I'd paid more attention, might of attacked Vrrsk't instead.

Also if any of you have been following my posts in the world records thread, we currently have a close contest for most damage received in an encounter, with Vixo (46), Kamotz (61), and Grakk (66) in the lead. Who will win?!

Also if Kamotz gets beat unconcious once more, he wins the prize for most knockouts. [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Yeeeeessssssss!

Now that is a battle! We got to make it past 200 hp damage before this battle is over. Come on everyone! We can do it! <shaking fist>
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ukingsken]
Is the blade that dropped on the floor a 2h weapon or a 1h weapon? Also, where on the map did it drop?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Oni

First Post
Magnus once more exerted his will over the crawling, grasping fire. Beads of sweat rolled down his face as he fought to hold it under his power. The eerie thing began to pull itself along the floor again, moving as the grubby dwarven arcanist directed. Unwilling to send it into the confused melee, he held it in position, ready to strike, pulsing hungrily.

Splitting his concentration Magnus began to cast another spell. As he had done before he stirred the air with his staff and almost sympathetically the space around the rogue priest began to churn and whirl and fracture. Lacerating slivers of nothing broke loose, forming a swirling cloud that hummed through the air like hungry insects.

[sblock=ooc]

minor: sustain Flaming Sphere
move: move Flaming Sphere N, N, NW, NW
standard: Cloud of Daggers: Int vs Ref (Target: Slardy) (1d20+5=8)
Obvious Miss. Any creature that enters the area or starts its turn there takes force damage equal to your Wisdom modifier (3 Damage). The cloud remains in place until the end of your next turn. You can dispel it earlier as a minor action.

[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]Magnus Madiron- Male Dwarven Wizard 1
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18, Senses: Low-light
AC:15, Fort:12, Reflex:14, Will:15 -- Speed:5
HP:24/25, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/8
Action Points: 0
Powers -
Cloud of Daggers
Thunderwave

Grasping Shadows
Staff of Defense
Second Wind