The Long Arm of Lauto:Broken Wards (DM:Ukingsken)

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
[sblock=Divine Challenge]
Free Action for Divine Challenge to deal 5 Damage (You list it as 6 on your sheet but at 3+CHA mod I get 5?)

Astral Fire feat adds 1 damage to all my fire and radiant keyworded powers, so it's 6. Works nicely with Paladin powers and the dragonbreath. :)

(so much for the pacifist theory... Vrrsk't hit something! gotta let the DM roll for me more often.)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Brain

First Post
Vixo turns his attention from the main enemy as kamotz falls to the phantoms. He maneuvers around and attempts to end the wounded phantom.

[sblock=actions]
Minor: shift nw
Move: move w, sw, sw, se, e into flanking (based on the assumption that the yellow dot isn't unconscious or whatnot.)
Standard: Riposte Strike on flanked phantom 1d20+12=23, 1d4+5+2d8+3=24 hits ac 23 for 24 dmg. activates riposte if it hits.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Vixo - Male Kobold Rogue 2
Passive Perception:17, Passive Insight:12, Senses: Normal
AC:17, Fortitude:14, Reflex:17, Will:12 -- Speed:6, Size: Small
HP: 18/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges left 8/9
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Current status effects: none
Powers -
Shifty (Minor action shift 1) [Kobold Racial]
Deft Strike [Rogue 1]
Riposte Strike [Rogue 1]

Dazing Strike[Rogue 1]
Multiclass Fighter Power [Student of the Sword Feat]

Blinding Barrage [Rogue 1]
Sneak in the Attack [Rogue 2]
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

RedBeardJim

First Post
"Kamotz!" shouts Morvannon as the shifter goes down. Something twists in his gut as he makes his way to his friend's side. "Come on, come on.......GET UP!!!" he bellows as he tries to stanch the bleeding.

*A little help here, maybe?*
*seems you're doing fine by yourself*

Morvannon looks down quickly to see Kamotz's eyes flicker open.

[sblock=Actions]Move: W, W, W, W, SW, SW -- retain concealment from Shadow Walk until EONT
Standard: Heal skill check to administer First Aid: 1d20+1=10. Success! Kamotz gets to use his Second Wind (without the + to defenses) starting from 0 HP
go me...go me...I'm useful!
[/sblock]
[sblock="Mini stat"]Morvannon Rinael - Level 1 Half-Elf Warlock
Passive Perception:11, Passive Insight:18, Initiative:+0 Senses: Low-light
AC:15, Fortitude:12, Reflex:14, Will:15 -- Speed:6, Size: Medium
HP: 27/27, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 6, Surges left 8/8
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Eldritch Blast
Eyebite
Warlock's Curse (minor)
Misty Step (Warlock Pact Boon)

Witchfire
Scorching Burst (Dilettante power)

Curse of the Dark Dream[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Coming out from behind the pillar Magnus focused his concentration on the weirdly burning conjuration that groped blindly for whatever might come near. With sudden intelligence the grasping, curling, burning tendrils began to reach out and pull the swirling mass of witchlight toward the corpse-like priest, reaching for his dessicated flesh.

[sblock=ooc]

move: SE, S
minor: sustain Flaming Sphere
standard: move Flaming Sphere SW

[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Magnus Madiron- Male Dwarven Wizard 1
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18, Senses: Low-light
AC:15, Fort:12, Reflex:14, Will:15 -- Speed:5
HP:24/25, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/8
Action Points: 0
Powers -
Cloud of Daggers
Thunderwave

Grasping Shadows
Staff of Defense
Second Wind

Flaming Sphere
Healing Word

Conditions:

Full character sheet[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
No. or was it, Negative. Reject. Kamotz once again noticed the dust coating the floor, the pervading sense that his God would not accept him, still lingered at the edges of his perception. Ever present at the forefront of his thought was the intense searing heat and throb that came from where Morvannon was firmly holding his side.

Frowning the shifter looked up...
Death wouldn't take me... his large eyes misted slightly, and his furry body began to shake. As his tears coated the fur about his eyes, Kamotz began to transform. His sadness swaying to anger, his snout elongated even more, arms began to bulge, teeth extended.

The matted fur under his eyes glistened in the witchlight, snot and blood covered his robes. Handprints, presumably Morvannon's covered the now soiled cloth. A feral snarl escaped just for a moment, then Kamotz was calm. Thank you for your assistants my friend, Please allow me some space now. The moment Morvannon removes his hands, Kamotz face screws up into a vicious glare. All semblance of intelligence leaves the shifter as he begins to stand. You cannot kill me Heretic, Lauto won't have me! COME!!!

[sblock=To the Team]

After this battle Kamotz is going to have a whole new respect for Morvannon, Magnus, and Vrrsk't... All three have revived him from unconscious!

Ukingsken, I'M HAVING A BALL!!

[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] You know Roadtoad I looked at yur sheet for like 15 minutes trying to figure that out hahaha. And Morvannon is always useful!

I'm glad you think it's exciting Cabana! I am becoming more confident with my ability to gauge what a party can handle, and with that I increase my ability to push characters to their limit. I like that I'm still not positive who's going to win![/sblock]
[sblock=Initiative]
Vixo HP:12/33 (Bloodied) Surges:8/9 (8) AP:0 Def:17/14 /17/12 SW:Unused
Morvannon HP:27/27 (6 Temp HP) Surges:8/8 (6) AP:0 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused Concealment
Magnus HP:24/25 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:0 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused Your Turn
Slardazial 110 Damage (Bloodied) Warlocks Curse
Grakk HP:22/29 Surges:12/13 (8) AP:0 Def:16/16/13/11 SW:Unused
Vrrsk't HP:25/29 Surges:9/12 (9) AP:0 Def:20/15/14/13 SW:Used
Kamotz HP:6/26 (Bloodied) Surges:8/9 (6) AP:0 Def:17/14/10/16 SW:Unused Prone
Phantom N 10 Damage Warlocks Curse
[/sblock]

ROUND 6

As Vixo rushes around the combatants he moves in on the southern phantoms flank, leaping forward to strike. His blade takes a moment before catching and ripping the insubstantial phantom in half. As it's bodies evaporates, the phantom drops the fullblade and it shimmers into being, clattering on the floor where the phantom stood moments before. Unlike a normal blade, this sword has jagged teeth all along one side. It is all sharp angles and hard lines, obviously a utilitarian blade made for killing.

Seeing his companions dire need, Morvannon rushes to his side staunching the blood flow none to soon, dragging Kamotz back from the brink of death. Brushing off the negative energy that had begun creeping up his body Kamotz looks around in bewilderment, still facedown on the stone.

[sblock=Map] The updated map is here. No dial up battle tonight![/sblock]

[sblock=ooc] EDIT(30 minutes after Cabanas post): Ohhhh suuure guys, post while I'm writing my dial-up post :p Lol teach me for taking my time. I'll update this before I sleep.[/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Dial-Up bump, so you see that magnus has gone, :)

HA HA, you already caught it, and ninja-edited my bump post...
[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Glad you're enjoying Cabana! Incidently you know hold the LEB record for most times unconcious/dying in one fight![/sblock]
[sblock=Initiative]
Vixo HP:12/33 (Bloodied) Surges:8/9 (8) AP:0 Def:17/14 /17/12 SW:Unused
Morvannon HP:27/27 (6 Temp HP) Surges:8/8 (6) AP:0 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused Concealment
Magnus HP:24/25 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:0 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused
Slardazial 138 Damage (Bloodied) Warlocks Curse
Grakk HP:22/29 Surges:12/13 (8) AP:0 Def:16/16/13/11 SW:Unused Your Turn
Vrrsk't HP:25/29 Surges:9/12 (9) AP:0 Def:20/15/14/13 SW:Used
Kamotz HP:6/26 (Bloodied) Surges:8/9 (6) AP:0 Def:17/14/10/16 SW:Unused Prone
Phantom N 10 Damage Warlocks Curse[/sblock]

As Magnus pushes the sphere towards Slardazial his skin begins to crisp but the frenzied priest seems not to notice. His flesh curling like burnt paper he rushes around Grakk eyes locked on the warlock who has let Kamotz rise again for the third time.

Why isss it that a death priessst iss ssso hard to kill? I will end you for meddling with my vengance fool!

Trusting in Grakk's repeated impotancy Slardazial rushes northward, towards Morvannon and the downed priest. The priest finally pays for his arrogance however as Grakk hews into his leg, severing the tendon and splitting it wide open. Displaying a strength beyond that of the living, Slardazial stamps along on the flopping leg, ignoring the thick brackish blood oozing from the wound.

Rushing up beside the Warlock, Slardazial squints his eyes at the twisting shadows trying to seperate Morvannon from their inky tendrils. Swinging his glowing mace full force at Morvannon it cracks it solidly into the floor, blasting a skull sized crater in the stone. The shadows wrapping Morvannon seem to flicker in amusement at the priests failed strike.

In place of his usual outburst Slardazial hisses, a sound that makes all of you want to claw the very skin from your face as your skull feels like it's rattling out of your flesh.

[sblock=Actions] Flaming Sphere 1d4+5=8
Flaming Sphere - Free action to attack Slardazial (8 damage)

Grakk 1d20+7=25, 1d10+10=20
Grakk - Opportunity Attack against Slardazial (Hit AC) 20 damage

Slardazial 1d20+9=11, 1d6+5=8, 1d20+6=22, 2d8+8=15, 1d6=5
Slardazial - Move Action to move N, NW, W, W, W
Standard Action to attack Morvannon (Primary Miss, Secondary Auto Miss)[/sblock]

[sblock=map] New map is here.[/sblock]

[sblock=Ninja] I swear if someone has ninja'd there actions in ahead of my post I will not adjudicate them until tomorrow afternoon! Dial up be damned![/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
"THIS ENDS NOW!" Grakk screams as he rips his blade out of the cleric's leg, then rushes towards him in such a way to take advantage of his position. He swings his mighty blade...

[sblock=ooc]
minor: none
movement: NW, W
attack: devastating strike: 1d20+7+2 (flanking) = 12 oh boy...
[/sblock]

Unfortunately, his momentum from his run carries him too far foward. He misreads the attack and his blade smashes into the ground next to the cleric's mace. Grakk rolls his eyes as he tries to yank his blade from the huge crack in the floor created by the force of the blade striking the ground. He draws a quick glance at Vrrsk't and says "I feel your pain paladin. This has gone on long enough. Kill this fiend so we can all rest and gather our strength for anything else which comes our way." He then sighs and wipes the sweat from his head with the back of his hand.

[sblock=ooc]
I agree with previous statements about this adventure. I'm having a blast. Cheers to the DM and to this group. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we work well together as a team, looking out for each other. Also, I like the fact that everyone posts regularly and often. Ok, I'm done talking...This is probably not the place to say all of this stuff anyway. Sorry if I broke a pbp posting rule.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Vrrsk't stares in wonder at his flail. "I... I... I hit him! That's right! Run you coward! One taste of the ancestors' teeth and you're running like a little hatchling!"

As that phantom dissipates, Vrrsk't, thinking he has discovered something, attacks the remaining phantom... and misses horribly.

[sblock=actions]
minor: Divine Challenge Phantom
Move: shift W to flank Phantom (if Grakk's where I think he is)
Standard: Holy Strike the Phantom 1d20+8=10 hey, I rolled twice what I rolled last time! :D

back to his old tricks, I see... not much time for RP this morning, but I figured we'd keep the momentum up.
[/sblock]

Remove ads