• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Long Journey Home

OOC: @Ghost and Raymond: Send me a summary of main points discussed so I at least have something to work with.
@Tsuba: It'll cost you 2 destiny total.

Satellite

Mikhail starts off by successfully dragging the alien away, it doesn't resist him but it is still positively quite heavy. J.D.Tsuba drops the linked chains between everyone and pulls away the two Bladebots before they get a chance to assault anyone. They then hustle up after the group running down the corridor but don't reach them in time to attack them. Helping their retreat a flashbang goes off from one of Aleksandra's VIs. One of the claw bots attempts to grab the alien, though due to the flashbang can't get a good grasp on it. The other two attack Mikhail who is valiantly defending the back retreat. First one lashes out attacking twice and missing terribly not getting any hit. His compatriot fares a little better, missing Mikhail with his first claw and slamming into Mikhail hard on his second one. (Miss and triple 6, so crit. Mikhail takes 25 damage, column 4.)

OOC: Round 2 over.

Bunker

Arthur starts to set up his explosives to bottleneck the opponents, quite assuredly if it goes off it will collapse the exit. As he's setting it up a robot similar to the A.W.B with a separate gun on his arm lets loose a volley of gun fire against Arthur to try to stop him. Down the other corridor another one of these bots fires at Alexander. Another blade bot comes out of the shadows brandish his weapon, then the two of them attack Alexander trying to bring the proud German down.

OOC: Attacks vs Arthur (your defense goes +2, +3, +4 due to rapid fire): 15, 8, crit fail. Damage if the first one hits 18, take a concentration check regardless. Column 4.

Attacks vs Bauhdric (Same rules as Arthur above): 10, 9, 7. Wow these guys are having terrible luck, none of those hit I bet.

Blade attacks vs Bauhdric: 12 and critical hit. Damage: 22, 31 (crit). If either of those hit you get a debuff called 'Rising spark' where lightning seems to be dancing across your body. Column 2 and 2.

Rey to post.

Last edited:

Ray Ray

First Post
OOC: Andy forwarded me the summary he gave, its pretty much spot on, nothing to add really. If I think of anything key that was missed I'll send a message over

OOC: Remember to subtract Armour from the damage dealt.

The room is quite large, similar to an entrance hall of an office building. Around Ghost and Raymond there is a few more of the Aliens within view around fires and making weapons. Some of them are trying to repair bits of machinery or guns. The cage itself is just a large cage made of metal, similar to one on Earth that they keep circus animals. The lock that the closed the door with is at the top of the door, beyond simply reaching up to get it as the aliens are taller than humans. A little ways away you see another cage but with one of the aliens in it.

Ray Ray

First Post
He turns from Ghost to look around.
"Some of them aren't half making a mess of those guns... I know its counter-intuitive ey,but I feel this strange sense of duty to make those guns a little happier," He said offhand.

'Ghost'

First Post
Looking towards the crowds

We'll need to be out of this cage first if we're going to make those guns happier. Saying that though we're fairly exposed here and they'd see any attempt we made.

He pauses a moment to think..

I'm a little surprised using the salvage they have they're able to construct weapons that work. Quite the scavengers, I can only hope they havn't taken apart our guns in an attempt to fix their own. Will you please untie me, it's starting to get old. I'm also intrigued by that captive of theirs, I wonder why it's in a cage.

OOC: Do the bars look new? Or are they made up of older metal evident by rust, splintering or anything like that. Also do I still have my pistol, cos that could come in handy.

J. D. Tsuba

First Post
As the huge alien is dropped at his feet, J.D. looks at it, frowning.
'OK, I think I got this... Aleksandra, you might want to duck, the big guy's gonna be coming down the corridor pretty fast in a minute and you don't want to be in the way.'
turning quickly south again, shouting to Mikhail
'keep coming, I'll try to slow them down'

OOC:

being smug, I'm gonna go ahead and assume you all do what I need you to, feel free to slap me silly and move back if its a stupid plan:

dropping the three walls and the gravity well in the last room

new passive effects:

Gravity well
no CL - cost 2 mana (remaining 3)

magic attack against alien to pull him out of harms way through corridor, getting everyone out of the way first
9+6 = 15 mag.att vs Alien mag.def

I move back into position to close force wall behind fleeing Mikhail

Force Wall
4 +6 = 10 vs CL 10 - cost 2 mana (remaining 1)
(zhukovs, bear in mind, force wall blocks LOF and not LOS)

I think that leaves us safe for a short while to catch breath

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Mikhail had a plan.

Sasha lance the floor. Make it look like escape route. JD good work keep the barrier up.

He quickly looked around the room.

We will make it look like we went down. Hopefully most of them will follow. Then we will just need to circle around and block the staircase. JD if you can muster up some kind of hologram that would be perfect.

Mikhail looked at his squad mates.

Objections?

He turned on his coms.

Rearguard team, where the :):):):) are you?! We might have hostiles coming your way soon. Respond!

Last edited:

Ray Ray

First Post
"I'm not sure we mean the same thing by that turn of phrase cap'n, but right either way I guess."
When Ghost mentioned their guns specifically, the magnitude of giving up his rocket launcher dawned on him.

No Raymond. First alien contact Raymond. Don't :):):):) this up Raymond. A gun isn't worth that. Its for a good cause. If they break him, you just rebuild him. Untie Ghost. Yeah. That'll take my mind off it.

He leant down to examine the bolas and started to try and free Ghost's hands.

"Hold still, ey?"

OOC: Not quite sure on the roll here, will add it to post once confirmed. Guessing maybe larceny or concentration or a dex check?

Remove ads