The Mésalliance. Part 2. (Updated 11/28)

Dakkareth

First Post
What is the Green, if Tree and Tree-spirit are not unidentical? :]

And just what has Teppu become? ;)

And Noir, that's my favourite Mostin quote in your sig :)

Edit: 6 more posts to go ... Muhahahahah!

Last edited:

DestyNova

First Post
Lela said:
But was she ever captured? The past is not immutable. What else is not as we remember it?

Stop that, your using it out of context. :mad:

And by that (mind-breaking) logic, all that has gone before has to be re-written as well. If things have been changed so Nehael had never gone through those experiances that we have seen her go through so long ago, then she would never of had her past rewriten as it seems to be.

(I know that doesn't make any real sense, but thats what you get when beings who consider reality a chew-toy show up.)

So what we may end up seeing, is the entire 'Fall' being rendered null and void via all this time and space mangling.

(Pardon me while i lose 1d20 SAN)

Delemental

First Post
At one point a while ago there was a line of conjecture by the faithful readers of the possibility of Nehael and Sonellion actually being the same being (the specifics escape me, but stemmed from the observation that both were originally succubi before becoming something more - I believe it was something along the lines of Nehael somehow becoming Sonellion due to her experiences in Grazzt's clutches). It was a relatively minor thought in the midst of a larger social-spiritual-psychological-philosophical debate.

However, we now have an interesting duality where Nehael and Sonellion are a dichotomous pair. For if Sonellion represents Unbeing, then in her current manifestation Nehael can certainly be seen as a representative of Being.

Of course, I expect it to take about 5 minutes before someone pops up with a 'If Nehael and Sonellion are not dissimilar, then...' sort of statement that will give us all headaches for a week. :)

Gez

First Post
DestyNova said:
If things have been changed so Nehael had never gone through those experiances that we have seen her go through so long ago, then she would never of had her past rewriten as it seems to be.

(I know that doesn't make any real sense, but thats what you get when beings who consider reality a chew-toy show up.)

No.

It doesn't make any real sense because you wrote "never of had" instead of "never have had."

-Gez "Pardon my honging" Ooi

Winterwight

Mostin peered ahead. Close by the Demon Lord, shunned by demons but around whom fiendish giants grouped clumsily, a gaunt figure stood. It was clearly visible between the warriors' legs: the trio were closing rapidly, now.

[Mostin]: Sh*t. The winterwight. It's not supposed to be here.
A Winterwight, eh? Muuuhahahaha! *rubbing my hands with glee*

The Winterwight was originally introduced by Bruce Cordell in the AD&D 2nd ed. super-module Return to the Tomb of Horrors. The monster was updated for the 3e Epic Level Handbook... plus I'm sure Sep will tweak it a bit more to make it a challenge for Mostin et al.

For example, he might slap some Sorcerer levels on it and crank up its Charisma, which would make the save DC for this ability even higher:
Blightfire (Su)
When a winterwight deals damage to a living opponent, a night-black flame begins to burn on the opponent’s body. If the opponent fails a Fortitude save (DC 35), it takes 4 points of permanent Constitution drain. The opponent must continue to save every round for the next 4 rounds (5 rounds total) to avoid being permanently drained of an additional 4 points of Constitution per round. The creature regains 10 lost hit points whenever it drains 4 points of Constitution, gaining any excess hit points as temporary hit points. These temporary hit points last a maximum of 1 hour. If the opponent is slain by blightfire, only icy fragments of the victim remain. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Lela

First Post
Joshua Randall said:
A Winterwight, eh? Muuuhahahaha! *rubbing my hands with glee*

The Winterwight was originally introduced by Bruce Cordell in the AD&D 2nd ed. super-module Return to the Tomb of Horrors. The monster was updated for the 3e Epic Level Handbook... plus I'm sure Sep will tweak it a bit more to make it a challenge for Mostin et al.

For example, he might slap some Sorcerer levels on it and crank up its Charisma, which would make the save DC for this ability even higher:
As it is, a Disintegrate spell with a 30 DC stands a good chance of taking it out.

Lela said:
As it is, a Disintegrate spell with a 30 DC stands a good chance of taking it out.
Ah, but the Winterwight can drop sleet storm at will -- which it can see through (see its description) but which the PCs likely can't -- sleet storm blocks all vision. Even true sight won't negate the concealment.

But I think the real reason the Winterwight is there is to bolster any nearby undead or cold-subtype creatures.

Felix

Explorer
sleet storm at will -- which it can see through (see its description) but which the PCs likely can't
But won't that both stop demons from flying, and also keep them from seeing where they are going?

Lela

First Post
Joshua Randall said:
Ah, but the Winterwight can drop sleet storm at will -- which it can see through (see its description) but which the PCs likely can't -- sleet storm blocks all vision. Even true sight won't negate the concealment.
So the winner could highly depend on inititive, unsurprisingly. Sleet Storm, on the side of the Winterwight, would be a powerful force capable of hurting the party a lot.

Joshua Randall said:
But I think the real reason the Winterwight is there is to bolster any nearby undead or cold-subtype creatures.
Can't argue there. However, the use of sleet storm may have a detrimental effect on they're ability to attack the party. Which may not matter, depending on how weak they are to begin with.

Remove ads