• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Malazan Book of the Fallen: The Burning of Kindle

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Durzo stands back up and steadies himself, exclaiming, "Where in the blazes did that blighter come from?!"

Still clutching his bow, he looses a shot at the man through the wavering air, not knowing or caring what mystical powers are at work.

[sblock=Actions]Move Action: Stand Up
Standard Action: Ranged Attack at Rend; Magic Bow (1d20+6=12)
Deadly Aim and Precise[/sblock]______________________

Durzo1.jpg
Durzo Stern CS

Voda Vosa

First Post
"No one escapes on Helicrates!" proclaims the warrior, as he stands up and performs a might jump, positioning himself next to the fleeting pair. He lashes at the man in brown robes, hoping to paralyze him in the spot.

Using a HP to get instant up, and then jumping (Acrobatics: 26) next to the hopefully bad guys. Then using Gladius of Torment: 20 attack, for DC: 20 lethal dmg and DC (fort): 14 paralyses. Using all out attack, hence dropping 3 defense for 3 extra attack.

Friday

First Post
OOC (Teth): Only if you were someone who couldn't access a warren yourself - of course, not all the warrens allow you to travel through them. Telas is not a commonly used travel warren, but it is theoretically possibly. Quite where you would end up is another matter...

OOC (Helicrates): Just to clarify a point before we move on - do you jump through the 'gate' after the man in robes?

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: I was more in the mood of "Piercing his heart from the other side and messing with his portal all at once" but if I have to step through, I will.

Friday

First Post
Durzo's arrow flies through the wavering air to reappear some distance away from Rend, who's expression changes from one of harassment to pure fright. It's as though the arrow were fired through the surface of water, the perspective seems wrong somehow.

Leaping to his feet and drawing his sword, Helicrates reaches the 'portal' as Ivy does.

Both fall into the warren.

And reappear some distance away, near Rend who has now started backing away into the strangely rotting vegetation.

Still wielding his sword, Helicrates' lunge narrowly misses Rend.

OOC: This may be a touch late, but can I have some initiative rolls? :p And for the record, Voda that was a very good hit but there is some disorientation on stepping through this particular warren - sorry :(

Walking Dad

First Post
Teth (Tough +6, Fort +7, Reflex +6, Will +11; Defense +4)

Teth tries to summon Telas influence around the woman and the other warren user, blinding them with smoke.

[sblock=ooc]

Use Obscure to take their sight. If it isn't working that way, I will try obscure the PCs from them.

Warren Telas (35 PP):

Blast (Fire, Autofire, Penetrating) +4 (16 PP)
AP: Blast (Fire, Line) +5 (1 PP)
AP: Blast (Fire, Cone) +5 (1 PP)
AP: Obscure (smoke) (smell and sight, Selective) +5 (1 PP)
AP: Fire Control +8 (1 PP)
AP: Environmental Control (Heat, Light) (Independent, Total Fade) +5 (1 PP)

Immunity Fire (10 PP) (already active)
Strike (Aura, Fire) +4 (4 PP)[/sblock]

Friday

First Post
OOC (General): Busy month again! Had some 'net issues too. All sorted (hopefully) now though :)

OOC (Helicrates): The disorientation is not of a nature you would be familiar with, noth being a seasoned traveller of warrens - the effect would appear to be something to do with the warren you are entering. Now it's happened, I'll allow conc checks if it occurs again.

Leaping to her feet Ivy snarls, a small knife having found its way into her hands. She swipes at Helicrates.

(Ivy) 1d20+8=21 vs defense. Toughness DC = 16 for lethal damage.

Standing off to one side, Rend's face pales with terror. His head snaps round as Teth lets the power of Telas seep into his warren, smoke begins to curl up around Rend and Ivy's feet. The priest closes his eyes, mouth quivering, and begins to chant.

OOC (Teth): Rend is attempting to counter your spell, can I have a caster power check?
Rend (D'rek's Warren) 1d20+5=23

Standing in front of the portal, Candour raises her bony arms, her outstretched fingers appear to gently touch the blurry edges. Roiling emerald smoke flickers into existence at her fingertips and curls upwards around the boundary of the portal.

"I will hold this door...as long as I can" calls Candour, the strange emerald light of her power casting an eerie glow around her fearsome features, "Best hope we do not attract the attention of the resident goddess..."

OOC: Hope this all makes sense - I have left my rulebook at home and don't have an electronic copy! For shame!
Happy New Year you guys!

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Once I kill this bufoon, you'll be trapped here, bitch!" belows the warrior, as his size increases, and strikes at the enemy mage with his now huge sword.

Grow to Large. Attack with Gladius of Torment: 21 for DC: 20 lethal dmg and DC (fort): 14 paralyses.

Remove ads