The Malazan Book of the Fallen: The Burning of Kindle

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Durzo's eye narrow in suspicion, what deviltry is this? what has Goble gotten himself into. He responds out loud, "Don't know who or what you are, but the price of our services just went up, methinks."

Walking Dad

First Post
Teth (Tough +6, Fort +7, Reflex +, Will +11; Defense +4)

"What sort sorcery is this?" asks Helicrates to Teth, with doubt in his face. He stands ready, for in such a strange creature he would never trust.

"Someone who practice or at least has benefited of the Hood's path I would guess."
Teth answers professionally. "Again, what do you want and what will you pay?"

[sblock=ooc]
Warren Telas (35 PP):

Blast (Fire, Autofire, Penetrating) +4 (16 PP)
AP: Blast (Fire, Line) +5 (1 PP)
AP: Blast (Fire, Cone) +5 (1 PP)
AP: Obscure (smoke) (smell and sight, Selective) +5 (1 PP)
AP: Fire Control +8 (1 PP)
AP: Environmental Control (Heat, Light) (Independent, Total Fade) +5 (1 PP)

Immunity Fire (10 PP)
Strike (Aura, Fire) +4 (4 PP)
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Helicrates agrees with Durzo with a nod.
"So you say someone is manifesting himself though this... thing? Why then are here so much more chairs here if there will be no more people attending to this meeting?" he says suspiciously.

Walking Dad

First Post

"Or she has bound her life force to a dead body." Teth answers professionally. "But ask her himself if you are such interested how she did it."

[sblock=ooc]
Warren Telas (35 PP):

Immunity Fire (10 PP)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Friday

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I will be posting after the weekend, just been a bit busy! In case you guys are wondering where I've got to![/sblock]

Friday

First Post
Supper at the Griffin's Nest

"You are not far wrong, Wizard" says the creature hoarsely, "I am Candour and your employer, Master Fenn, has requested my presence at your table tonight. Won't you sit? What have you to fear from an old dead woman?"

Candour stands, allowing the candlelight to flicker over her features more fully, pallid white skin and eyeless sockets. Her skin is torn in places, revealing the white bone beneath. A clavicle here, a humerus there.

There is a knock at the door to the private dining room and a mild creak as someone opens the door and enters.

"Hello my friends!"

Standing at the door is Master Fenn, a jovial expression on his round, reddened face. He is a large man, dressed in expensive silks and fine furs. He wears a long coat, hemmed with white fur, that drags on the floor but lies open around his rotund frame. Rings sit snugly on his pudgy fingers as he waves his hands towards the table.

"Sit, sit! Our generous and hospitable bar-keep shall soon bring us fine wines and a mouth-watering feast!"

Squeezing past the edge of the table, Goble takes a seat next to Candour who sits down as he does.

"Looking well bone witch! As beautific as ever!" he says, no hint of irony in his tone, "Now gentlemen, don't be alarmed! Candour here is an old friend, a dead one in fact!" he chortles.
"I have asked her here to Read for us"

At this, Candour reaches down and brings forth a grimy pack of cards. She sets them down on the table and looks at you all expectantly.

[sblock=Teth]The sorcery you sense here is indeed Hood's Warren, there would appear to be some sort of necromancy at work here. To know more would require a fuller unveiling of your own warren, which you suspect Candour might notice. The pack of cards she has put on the table is a Deck of Dragons.[/sblock]

[sblock=Durzo]The spirits invested in your weaponry recoil at Candour's presence, something about her horrifies them - you can feel that, but you don't know why or what it is[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Durzo is not comfortable with his weapons acting strange on him, hopefully Teth has this in order. He cautiously sits down at the table, a little wary but his voice comes across as nonchalant, "By all means read away."

Voda Vosa

First Post
Helicrates sits, but it is evident that he is no pleased with the walking corpse sitting in front of him. He is tense and his moves short, quick and presice, as anticipating trouble.

Walking Dad

First Post

Teth also agrees to start the reading...

[sblock=ooc]
Warren Telas (35 PP):

Immunity Fire (10 PP) (already active)
[/sblock]

Remove ads