• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The mastery of polearms 7 new polearm feats to win your day!

tanis

First Post
I would like to present to you 8 pole arm feats! :cool:

Braced for charge [general]
When reciving a charge you know where to strike were it really hurts
prerequisites: base attack +1
You can ready an action to set any polearm against a charge this attack deals double damage on a successful hit against a charging character. Weapons that already deal double damage when set for a charge are now tripled instead.

Haft strike [general]
you have learned to fight with both ends of a polearm.
prerequisites: two weapon fighting
When weilding a polearm two-handed then you may use the haft of the weapon to make an attack as a club of the same size. this attack may only be made as part of a full attack with the wielders highest attack bonus and does not include magical properties (ex.flaming) in the attack, but does count as magic for overcoming DR. You however take a minus two penalty per combo of such in a round (ie on pointy ended attack and one haft attack) and recives only half the strength bonus the weapon is entitled to. this feat may not be used with a double weapon.

Long strike [general]
you have practiced holding a pole arm farther down the haft than normal.
prerequisites:Base attack +2
As a full attack you may make one attack with a polearm as if it had a 5ft longer reach.

Pole balance [general]
you use a pole arm to brace yourself for impact and slow falling

When weilding a polarm two handed you gain a +4 circumstance bonus to resist bull rushing or tripping or any balance check. you may not use this feat when caught flat footed or when there is no solid surface to place your polearm (ex tight rope walking)

Pole fighter [general]
your monk training included the extensive training in using polearms in combat.
prerequisites:proficiency and weapon focus with seleced weapon. flurry of blows class feature
Choose a polearm. you can now treat this weapon as a special monk weapon (so you can use flurry of blows with it)

Shorten grip [general]
you know how to shorten your grip to reach nearby opponents
when wielding a polearm you are proficient with you may treat the weapon as though it did not have reach, but all attacks in this manner contain a -2 penalty

Spinning defense [general]
you can spin a polearm around you to deflect attacks
prerequisites: combat expertise, deflects arrows
while weilding a polearm during total defense you recieve a +1 dodge bonus to armor class (they both stack) and you may use the deflect arrows feat as many times as you please until your next turn. (you do not need an open had to use deflect arrows either but you may not use the snatch arrows feat)
now i present 4 new pole arms!

ceratitis

First Post
Dannyalcatraz said:
While your enthusiasm is appreciated, you should check out Dragon #341 and Dragon Compendium volume 1...

true but i think his last one is brand new, and pretty cool :D how about changing the name to twerling baton? :p
Z

Land Outcast

Explorer
ME said:
Close-Quarters Polearm Fighter [Fighter]
You are skilled at attacking with the butt of your spear.
Prerequisites: Str 13, proficiency with any polearm.
Benefit: When attacking with a polearm, you can strike adjacent opponents with the butt of your polearm, dealing damage as a quarterstaff of your size. This feat cannot be applied to longspears.
Note: Enhancement bonuses don't apply to the attack if the butt hasn't been independantly enhanced.

Shove Back [Fighter]
You force nearby opponents away with the butt of your polearm.
Prerequisites: Close-Quarters Polearm Fighter, Improved Bull Rush, Power Attack, proficiency with any polearm.
Benefit: When you use the Close-Quarters Polearm Fighter feat, you may make a free bull rush attempt against that opponent. You don’t get an attack of opportunity for the movement. Add the damage dealt in your first attack as a bonus to the bull rush Strength check.

LOL, I posted these on a thread a pair of weeks before...

tanis

First Post
yes i am aware of them being posted in DRAGON but the fact that i had been thinking of similiar feats had me kind of feel they were my own. :heh: in some way or another.

Aust Diamondew

First Post
tanis said:
yes i am aware of them being posted in DRAGON but the fact that i had been thinking of similiar feats had me kind of feel they were my own. :heh: in some way or another.
Amen. People seem to be constantly stealing my ideas for feats too! :\

Remove ads