A

Autora

Umm...
I got a really small prob? The spelling for my business on the map is wrong. :(

La Fiamma di Miele, aka the Flame.

Sorry Dontella.

A

Adept_Nathan

Got'cha Pou. The movie theater is the best description anyone has given me thus far. I know exactly what you're talking about now.

No ticket booth...fish and reptiles is a bit strange, but I'll see what I can do ;)

hehe.

Update later today/early tomorrow.

Dontella

First Post
Anyhow.. a go at a banner..

c49055d0.jpg

Link: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Dontella/c49055d0.jpg

W

WizO_Pounamu

These banners look great, folks! :D Certainly a strong contrast to the ones in the other rooms. Focusing on the "city" part of the setting.

The lighter one of Nahan's would be easier to use than the darker one because of the need to add readable text although the darker one certainly has some impact. Do you have a colour in mind for beneath them or would you think of them as either floating or repeated? The text always ends up longer than the initial banner space.
On the same note, where did you get the blue texture from, Dontella? That too would be easy to put readable text onto.

I know some others are working on some as well. Keep them coming, they'd be good to see. :)

- Pounamu

edit: p.s.- I may be out of contact for a few nights starting tomorrow. Sorry folks, got to go check on family. I'll still try to answer anything whenever I can make an accepible connection. If I can't, see you when I get back.

A

Adept_Nathan

WizO Pounamu said:
The lighter one of Nahan's would be easier to use than the darker one because of the need to add readable text although the darker one certainly has some impact. Do you have a colour in mind for beneath them or would you think of them as either floating or repeated? The text always ends up longer than the initial banner space.

I can play with the text to contrast it...and as for the background color, I prefer to either use a color from the actual image, or just blend the bottom of the banner.. see below.

Shadow Scape City w Text Blended Bottom

W

WizO_Pounamu

Adept_Nathan said:
I can play with the text to contrast it...and as for the background color, I prefer to either use a color from the actual image, or just blend the bottom of the banner.. see below.

Shadow Scape City w Text Blended Bottom

Looks like a drop shaddow to me? Would it be onto white or onto grey?

And by text, I didn't mean the room title. Banners are a way of having basic information avaliable to anyone that just happens to go into the room. The TMP banner will have information text on it the same was as the Emporium or CRT. As this text will be added by site staff, not be part of the image file, it will be in one colour that the site staff are able to set. It must be readable where it overlaps with the banner image and over whatever is beneath it when the reader scrolls down. And yes, it will have to overlap the banner image because if the beginning of it isnt visible without scrolling the banner down, many people won't notice it there at all.

- Pounamu

Dontella

First Post
Pou> The blue background is just a strip of light blue, with a linen texture over it. Really easy to make, I could do just a blank one if you wanted me to. I wasn't sure what other text needed to go on the banner, it's why I left it blank. Hehe, but it's eacy to add to, for whomever, if they are interested.

W

WizO_Adele

The TMP advertising is up on the Events calendar. Still waiting word on when it will hit the chat login pages. I hope to know something soon.

http://wizo.wizards.com/calendar/

Either way, please do everything you can to advertise and spread the word. The bigger turnout we have for a grand opening the better it will look.

Remove ads