The Meeting Place - Discussions and so forth

W

WizO_Adele

Correct. What Pou will need is a schedule of the events being run, their dates and times, rooms and a brief description.

Are we still looking to have the hosted days be Wednesday and Friday? Is there another day that would work just as well? For this to work I'm basically transferring hosts from Juxta to TMP on those days, and certain days have those that are excited to host TMP and some that are reluctant or don't feel as experienced in D20 modern.

B

Blayde_0107986025

Feel free to kill me...

Feel free to kill me... but.

I am actually relieved that the date has been changed... although I would rather have had the thing bought foward rather than set back. Reason being... I realised a lil too late that it was going to clash with my lil brother's birthday. Now it doesn't. For this reason and this reason alone am I pleased with the date change. But, honestly!!! Don't change the thing again!!!!!! Haven't us poor people been waiting long enough to satisfy the higher powers that be?!?!?!

Peace out.

W

WizO_Pounamu

When I have time, Blayde. :p

The advertising has been passed on from me, hope to see it up next week sometime. So we're on track for Saturday March 26 (8pm - midnight pst).

Does anyone have suggestions for the room banner? As far as I know, one isn't being made for us unless I can play around with something...

- Pounamu

Jetbomb24

First Post
If I'm uberly bored and the comp cooperates (or I "borrow" mom's, since she'll be gone), I'll take a stab at it. You got the prefered dimentions for it if I do?

Dontella

First Post
New map.. more accurate, added features.. TMP, version 2.3 Yes yes the buildings are bigger than they should be, but it's fun and detail is nice.. and I'm a wierdo.. but you wouldn't see things on the map, if I drew it in proportion, except squigglies.

TMPness.jpg

I'll take a whack at the banner too.. then we can have lots of ideas.

W

WizO_Pounamu

We seem to have 3 types of banner image on the chat site.

Floating image + text
Eg, Crt, Emporium, Arena.
These have one themed image to fit the setting which sits on the left and holds its location in your window even when you scroll down to read the text on the right. In a good one such as the Arena, the background colour or pattern is easily obtainable and/or repeatable so that it can be carried across to the text area, making the two parts blend visually.
The Arena image is 446 x 109 pixels, and has the room name. Part of it sits underneath the accompanying text. 18.3kb

Full banner image + text
Eg, Lobby, Banquet Hall.
This room has one image which stretches right across. Probably it should float beneath the text which is laid over the top of more than 2/3 of it from the right. (Acutally, its been repeated. That doesnt work so well in the Banquet hall.)
The Banquet Hall image is 1280 x 110 pixels and frames the top and sides of the window, seeming to frame the text. 24.8kb
The Lobby image is also 1280 x 110 pixels and is mostly two low contrast colours. 15.9kb

Centred image banner
Eg, ISRP Lobby.
These banners have the text for the room below them, hoping that the user will scroll down to look. Remainder of the banner is filled with colour.
ISRP Lobby image is 590 x 206 pixels surrounded by white. Not all of the image is visible at one time in the standard banner window. 46.8kbs

What we need is the banner image or colour scheme, with or without the room name on it. Text will be added separately so that it can be edited as needed without having to remake the entire image/page/file. Keep in mind that only about 110 pixels height would be visible at one time for most people. Width may depend on their monitor settings.

- Pounamu

A

Adept_Nathan

Since I don't really need sleep...

Here are two versions of the same banner concept.

City Scape
Light City Scape

*Note that if you are using Internet Explorer, you might want to expand the images to view them at their original dimensions.

W

WizO_Pounamu

They'r nice drawngs Nathan, but it's hard to take in the look of the place when theres no other buildings around it. After all, it backs against a large concrete building, and there has to be another building alongside it for an alleyway to be an alleyway and not, say, an expanse of carpark. ;)

Originally Reesa had TMP more towards the middle of the block, hense the alleyways on both sides, but when we decided on location we gave a corner reference and its stuck. Should I change that reference in the description to "wide alleyway" (singular) or keep the idea that it's got buildings on both sides?

The scale and lack of other buildings on Dontella's maps may be the source of this building confusion but they're like that because they only have character businesses and a few other useful items on it and those buildings are not to the scale as the rest of the map. In reality, these city blocks are jammed with buildings. Going along the short sides, you get about 20 of those blocks to a mile in NYC, and our steet map is about just over half a mile across.

The wide, curved entranceway offers shelter to passers by, leading to the bright red double doors. Lined with double glazed plexiglass cases set into the walls, patrons and staff alike can watch bright tropical fish or a small collection of snakes basking in soft illumination as they wait. A neon sign overhead declares this to be The Meeting Place.

Think of the older movie theatres, which have entrances in large alcoves which shelter the people waiting in line for the ticket booth in the middle and provide ample wall space for big posters all angled to face both the line and the street.
Then curve the walls instead of giving them straight angles and extend them a little. Get rid of the ticket booth, retaining a nice large area there open to the street but sheltered from weather...
And replace the posters with windows of displays - fish and reptiles behind plexiglass.

Im sorry I didnt get much of that across in the main descriptions. I guess I didn't want the description on the site to be rambling as then peple don't read them anyway. It doesn't have to be that way of course, it could follow the different look...

What do people think?

- Pounamu

Remove ads