The Meeting Place - Discussions and so forth

B

Bhryn Astairre

Vendor name:
Alfonso ;)
( just makes me think of a smooth italian waiter serving cocktails! )

Drinks, some of the student's favourites:

Diesel ;) half pint of cider, half pint of lager, splash of blackcurrant cordial = either mmm or "YUK!"

Fluffy Duck (cocktail) Two shots vodka, shot of advocaat, shot of orange juice, topped up with lemonade. Very nice, all fluffy and sweet.

Chocolate Orange: 2 shots Tia Maria topped up with Orange Juice and served with a slice of orange as a garnish. Mmmmm... for the chocoholics out there for sure!

Snake's Bite (not the regular one!) Two shots vodka, One shot of Tia Maria, One shot of Malibu, top up with lemonade and served with a jelly sweet snake inside it, to be eaten with/after the drink!

I had to try and get those in.

Nic (dying a cold shaped death)

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

Re: Put on your thinking caps!

WizO_Reesa said:
What would you like to see as the legal age limit for drinking in 2030 NYC?
What interesting name would you like to call the TMP Vending Bot?
What drinks would you like to see? Be creative. Design the drink, give it a name, ingredients, descriptions.. :)
Drinking limit: I'd be inclined to say a bit older than it is now. If one looks through history, the legal drinking age has increased here in the States over time, and considering how politics seem to be going, I could see it increasing to 23 or 24 in thirty years. Working with the current law of 21 would work fine though, and it would keep things a bit simpler.

Vending Bot Name: How about S.A.M. ( Semi-Automated-Machine )? Just a thought, albeit one thought of after 5 hours of sleep.

Drinks: I don't really have any knowledge here, so I'll leave that for others. The standards should be available, soda, shakes, etc..., but the customized drinks sound like a good idea to me. Bhryn's suggestions sound interesting, and Felicity's chili coffee idea sounds like a good possibility.

Jetbomb24

First Post
My cantina character did come up with some unofficial drink that came up on a few occasions. Here's a sort of modernized/local version

Jet Fuel
A mixer of a variety of regional liquors, juices, and beverages. Most notably are Ice Wine; a drink from a western NY winery that is sweeter then normal wine and is said to be colder as well, a sweet brand of local pop, and an energy extract that makes gives the drink an energy boost and a "static" tingle.

I like the S.A.M. idea suggested by Meliamne for a name

I think that 21 would be a good drinking age as I like to play characters as close to my own age as possible

W

WizO_Reesa

Great idea folks!

SAM is a great idea for the Bot. Anyone else have any ideas?

Bhryn - your drinks sound uh.. interesting.. but I'm no drinker so that's where my reply comes from. hehe

I remember Jet Fuel... it was.. different :)

Reesa

F

Felicity_Rauston

I think the drinking age should be 19, seeing as that Americans will eventually realize just how innately smart Canadians are and will seek to emulate them. ;) And I think S.A.M. is great. The only suggestion I can think of myself is BarBot, which is totally bland.

This isn't exactly a custom drink, but we should have shakes! With a wide array of flavours (strawberry, chocolate, raspberry, banana, peach, coffee, blueberry, cantaloup, etc.) and colours. Shakes rock. Alcohol optional. :)

Smarties Cream Shake

This shake is composed of ground up Smarties, vanilla ice cream, 10g of chocolate, and a non-descript soft drink. When preparedly correctly, the Smarties swirl around in vibrant colours, creating an aesthetically pleasing effect.

Bubble Tea (not so original, but sweet!)

A specialty non-alcoholic drink originating from Taiwan. It comes in different colours and flavours and has a syrupy texture. Tapioca (small dough balls) or jelly are extra.

Ria.

S

Ssussunriyh

Here's one that my older brother told me about. He found out about it in a country-western bar, so I don't know how well New Yorkers would receive it, but...

Prarie Fire: a shot of tequila with a dash of tabasco sauce. It burns all the way down, for those who enjoy such things.

Here's one I read about in a sci-fi novel:

Flameout: causes a burning sensation on the tongue, changing to freezing by the time it hits the back of the throat. Ingredients unknown, but I would guess some very potent liquor, and possibly creme de menthe.

W

WizO_Reesa

Great suggestions everyone! I agree with Felicity.. there HAS to be shakes.. mmmmmmmmm... Though I'm going to leave her on her own about Canadian's being smarter n' all. hehe..

So far seems that S.A.M is gaining in popularity.. :) I'll give the discussion another week before compiling lists for approval.

Anyone have any other suggestions or comments regarding the questions I posed or perhaps other ideas?

Reesa

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

Good to see that my S.A.M. suggestion is being well recieved....

Means that things I come up with while lacking sleep make sense to people other than myself, heh.

The new drink suggestions sound interesting. And I've heard of Prairie Fire before, my cousin used to drink a lot of tequila based bevarages a few years ago.

T

Thogroar

Because my e-mails don't want to go through...

Drinking Age: 25

Bot Name: Vee-Gee? ;)

Maybe somethin mechanical souniding? Gear? Bolt? Something with initials? TVB (The vendor Bot). Or numbers? TVB-34? Gear v.34.5?

~Mister Elliott

Remove ads