• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Meeting Place - Discussions and so forth

W

WizO_Pounamu

Anybody care to expand?
Or would you prefer someone else do it? Because if you do, I think you have to say it loud and clear. ;)

I haven't received any plots/ideas yet, whether to email or PM...

For those that don't know, my email is pounamu@wizo.wizards.com.

I think Ladies Night or Couples night would be a bit restrictive, especially considering that without it being open for a while, you won't have as many couples as later.

I'm cool with the all night party although you probably won't get staff in there all night... how all night are we talking?

And which day of the week is best?

- Pounamu

W

WizO_Pounamu

Deadline awaits!

Ok, seeing as this is dragging a bit, here's the deadline - Have ideas/proposals in by Sun 27 Jan (pst) please.

So far I have a few small ideas for things during this IC & OOC opening day and two suggestions for days:
  • Ladies Night - This would mean no male characters admitted, right?
  • Couples Night - Bring a friend to get in?
  • Open mike - we have a stage, characters use it. Bar voucher for the winner.
  • Cage Fights - We'd need a large concensus on this one because it would mean temporary suspention of the "no combat in non-combat rooms" unless management give us one.
  • Dance - well, it is a nightclub, this would involve an IC cover charge but complimentary food and drinks. ;)
  • Drinking contest - I'm not entirely sure how this one is supposed to go, but I bet it would be one way to irritate the cop-shop across the road... lol
  • Festival - incorporate an IC festival that may be happening in the neighbourhood, eg spanish fiesta seeing as TMP is located in "El Barrio" (suburb)

"Unofficial" possibilities (ie not organised by TMP) are:

• Police Raid - players would not be warned ooc what time this may occur. :devil:
  • Power failiure - uh... ok... not ure why we would want this but I suspect it has its uses to the player who suggested it...
  • Kidnapping/murder plot
  • Release of some mass-affecting substance - this woud require players present at the time to play along.

Days of the week so far requested are Wednesday or Saturday.

Time requested so far is between 3pm pst and 9pm pst. To give you an idea of when that is, that's the usual time span you find WizOs in ISRP rooms.

Comments and suggestions, please!

- Pounamu

W

WizO_Adele

Dontella>
Monday 7-9 PM PST Juxta
Tuesday 7-9 PM PST Greyhawk
Thursday 5-7 PM PST Juxta
Thursday 7-9 PM PST Grehyawk
*Times subject to change if a host swaps a slot, but that's not really likely at this time. Applicants need to be able to host at least 2 of these slots.

The official ad should be up January 28th.

W

WizO_Pounamu

Deadline reminder

Reminder folks, the sunday deadline's coming up. If you don't have your say, I'll be going with just what I've got so far, detailed on my previous post.

So far the most popular day for the opening would be Saturday, over Friday or Wednesday. Acceptible?

Those that wish to discuss ISRP work opportunities need to do so with Adele, or at least not on this thread frm now on. :p

- Pounamu

PsionScribe

First Post
Hey everyone. Here are some things that I'd like to see.

• Luau Night: Hula skirts, tiki's, Hawaiian cocktails, you get it.
  • '70s Night: Afros, platform shoes, and of course, lava lamps.
  • Battle of the Bands: Have people compete in a musical competition. Songs would require vocals.
  • Formal: Tuxes, suits, gowns, whatever. A night to dress up nice and spiffy.

Thanks,
Jake

W

WizO_Pounamu

*bing!* Time's up!

My clock says it's 12.54am tues Feb 1 2005 pst... well it is when I start this post anyway. Point being, all ideas should be in so we can have a few days discussion/psuedo-voting. Here's an overview:

Open mike/Battle of the Bands - we have a stage, characters use it. Bar voucher for the winner.
Cage Fights - We'd need a large concensus on this one because it would mean temporary suspention of the "no combat in non-combat rooms" unless management give us one.
Dance - well, it is a nightclub, this would involve an IC cover charge but complimentary food and drinks.
Drinking contest - I'm not entirely sure how this one is supposed to go, but I bet it would be one way to irritate the cop-shop across the road... lol
Festival - incorporate an IC festival that may be happening in the neighbourhood, eg spanish fiesta seeing as TMP is located in "El Barrio" (suburb)
Theme nights - 70's, formal or Lual?

"Unofficial" possibilities (ie not organised by TMP) are:

Police Raid - players would not be warned ooc what time this may occur.
Power failiure - uh... ok... not ure why we would want this but I suspect it has its uses to the player who suggested it...
Kidnapping/murder plot
Release of some mass-affecting substance - this woud require players present at the time to play along.

Wednesday or Saturday, between 3pm pst and 9pm pst.

Note, I've taken out the ideas which would mean IC restrictions on who gets in, that was Ladies Night and Couples Night. We want as many characters as possible (within the setting restrictions, ie it's a place with food and liquor licences) to be able to attend.

You now have until Sunday Feb 6 (midnight pst) to decide what you'd most like to see for the opening night. At the end of this week, I'll write up the events and days/times that appear to have the most support and that's it.

Simple? ;)

- Pounamu

Jetbomb24

First Post
Sorry you haven't heard much from me, but I've had other activites occuping my time. Just so you know, ladies night over here is just an marketing ploy where they discount mixed drinks and lower/remove the cover charge for the fairer sex to entice ladies to go out, due to the normally high prices for such. They also commonly knock a few cents of beers for the guys the ladies bring with/attract, since this is rarely, if ever, a female only restriction. They also have some female oriented activities (hiring a number of attactive males for waiters, giving away a free trip for some lucky group of girls [co-sponsered by a limo service, radio station, brewery, or other]). They vary the name and benifits a little, but there's normally about 2 or 3 places having something similar every night. Some of the largest bars have 2 or 3 of these events in one week with the help of a popular radio station.

**Note: this belated post is for educational purposes only, it in no way changes or alters any wizo made posts or decisions (that can only be done by a wizo)**

P

phoenix_fx

jetbomb24 said:
Sorry you haven't heard much from me, but I've had other activites occuping my time. Just so you know, ladies night over here is just an marketing ploy where they discount mixed drinks and lower/remove the cover charge for the fairer sex to entice ladies to go out, due to the normally high prices for such. They also commonly knock a few cents of beers for the guys the ladies bring with/attract, since this is rarely, if ever, a female only restriction. They also have some female oriented activities (hiring a number of attactive males for waiters, giving away a free trip for some lucky group of girls [co-sponsered by a limo service, radio station, brewery, or other]). They vary the name and benifits a little, but there's normally about 2 or 3 places having something similar every night. Some of the largest bars have 2 or 3 of these events in one week with the help of a popular radio station.

**Note: this belated post is for educational purposes only, it in no way changes or alters any wizo made posts or decisions (that can only be done by a wizo)**
for the plot idea I suggest that there be some kind of special all night party, make it like a radio station announcement, like the station here does, something new opens up, they're all over it. Cop raids, that would be awesome! But of course you'd need people that are willing to be the cops (( no fun, don't ask me! lol )). DJ idea is great, also have open DJ night, have players 'battle' for some kind of month free in voucher, or something like that.

Battle Cages - great idea, with only one problem! I doubt any females would be interested in fighting, but on the other hand, some women like to see tough men and such. idea is up to you guys.

Ladies Night - good idea, attracts many women, and the more women you have, the more men you have. simple as that.
Open mike/Battle of the Bands - Awesome idea, loving the battle stage, like if you've seen 8 Mile.

Dance - Dancing is a good idea too, thing is, some people don't have a very broad imagination and can't see so...It would be kinda hard to make this possible, but there is always room for a dancefloor in a nightclub, what am I saying...it is a must to have a dancefloor in a nightclub, but I really don't think it should be made a huge event.

Drinking contest - Drinking contest would be something fun to do, something that can be enjoyed by all and gives lots of laughs depending on the drinker.

Festival - Festivals is something that in my mind pertains to a sunny day and outside, grillin', and smoking the brisket?

Theme nights - 70's? hehe, theme night would be a great idea, but the 70's scare me! lo;

As posted by Melynxt, "I think it would be better if it were a grand opening both IC and OOC. That way characters could be developed better instead of just being assumed as regulars and backgrounds there etc. ". I think this is a good idea, as I have previously stated, IC: Make it a radio broadcast. OOC: make one of those posts that WizOs do.

- Phoenix
Let me know what you think! phoenix_fx@sbcglobal.net

B

Blayde_0107986025

Love the idea of a cage. But... honestly,
I doubt any females would be interested in fighting
What sort of bimbo "oh-my-gosh-I-am-so-boring" females do you know??

Also, think about the times. General tendencies suggest that the crime rate would go up, not down. I would honestly be shocked by a group of female characters who can't or won't fight. i.e. I'd say quite a number of the female characters would be interested in kicking some males in the proverbial. :angel:

. . . Not that I know any . . .

:D Peace out.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads