The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

Velmont

First Post
I watched up to the 2nd period last night (I recorded it and then watched it after the kids went to bed) but I fell asleep so I watched the last ten minutes of 3rd period this morning. Montreal was playing much like they did last year in the playoffs, the other team was carrying the play for much of the game, but they play a strong defensive game, trusting their goalie and patiently waiting for the other team to make an error and pounce on it (like Lucic trying to carry it past Gomez).

Thomas didn't look great on the 2nd goal, I'm thinking he's going to bounce back though in the 2nd game.

Yeah, like a reporter told on a blog: The Canadian did a miracle last year, it is the only team to have won two rounds by being overmatched and beaten during 14 games in a row, thansk to Halak :p

Will Price be able to give a better performance? We will see. But it is a good start for them. And Gomez and Gionta seems to have awaken. They'll need to continue. Plekanec, Camalleri and Kostitsyn will need to follow on the offensive.

jackslate45

First Post
I mearly want to point out that we are talking about sports on a D&D website.

Am I the only one who finds that funny, or is this to be expected by now?

As for wines, I really have not tried many. The one we had for New Years was really bad, and I think we are going back to sparkling grape juice instead.

Rhun

First Post

There are lots of things discussed elsewhere on this D&D website as well. Not just this thread. :)

As for wines, I really have not tried many. The one we had for New Years was really bad, and I think we are going back to sparkling grape juice instead.

Some are very bad. It takes some work to figure out which types you like. Start with something sweet, like a Riesling (though I recommend dry Rieslings, since otherwise they are really sweet), Chenin Blanc of other soft white.

renau1g

First Post

I find you can have a far more rational discussion here. On many sports websites it boils down to Crosby-haters (Cindy as they call him), [Canadian Team] fanatics that will just randomly bash the other CDN teams, etc.

warm_friday_4-16b370c8e2219baf4baf421c1b6bd918.jpg

Velmont

First Post

Am I the only one who finds that funny, or is this to be expected by now?

I found more funny to talk about cooking on a D&D forum than sport. When a major sport event happen (Superbowl, World Cup, Playoffs, etc...) I'm not much surprise to see discussion about it anywhere.

Rhun

First Post
Well and I'm the type that can talk about just about anything. D&D, Sports, Cooking...you name it, and I'll throw my .02 at it!

Remove ads