The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
I was talking with a friend that uses STOCK nerf weaponry, and he and his group have come up with a solution to the range limitations of nerf in that they go in with no ammo and just go BAM BAM BAM when they have a clear shot, but, little do they know that our versions of modified nerf guns can shoot at the maximum possible effective range out in the woods, so it doesn't matter if we ave darts in them or not and it actually makes accuracy something of an issue, but not as much

Ordinarily a nerf gun has a maximum range of 30 feet with an effective range of about 20, with 15 as the maximum range a good shooter can expect to hit a still target every time, OUR nerf guns can shoot up to about 200 feet, with a 100 foot effective range, which is also the range where we are about 100% accurate against a still target two feet across. so when we see someone 50 feet off we just point and shoot, and then accuracy comes into play, but even then not as much as normal, normal ones get affected by the wind a lot and spin off in different directions, but ours don't because we make our own darts with metal BBs on the front covered in hot glue, so they fly straighter, and also leave welts if you get hit point blank, which is why it REALLY sucks when someone climbs a tree very high and sneaks up behind you after you go by, and puts a round between you shoulders, but usually you can hear them, if they're not me, because as it is my woods, I know first of all every twig and most of the leaves, and I also know how to walk quietly, and thus sneak up on people (walk on dirt, not leaves or sticks, if you have to walk on leaves to so v e r y s l o w l y and for sticks, if you step on one, stop where you are, crouch down and put your brightly colored nerf gun as close to the ground as possible or in a bush so if anyone looks your way they don't see it.

There is your sporadic nerf lesson

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
too messy, and when you're using air soft first off they are noisy, and second, they look more real so people get concerned when you're out shooting at each other with real looking guns, also where I live there's a poacher and other unsavory types that go out in the woods and they tend to shoot at stuff they see moving if they think it's a deer or animal, but if they see bright colored nerf guns they don't shoot usually, and if they do it's only a couple shots, as opposed to letting out half their mag, and if they do we return fire and then they realize what they're shooting at CAN'T be a deer because deer don't use nerf guns, then they run away so we don't report them to the cops.

Oh and one more thing, when I bring them to other nerf battles, people don't expect me to be able to hit them at the ranges I can, so thgey just keep running and I drop to a knee and shoot them, then they hit the ground, and I have to wait for them to get closer because I can hurt them if I hit them in the face, but it is funny to see the look on their faces when I shoot them. And nerf is used more widely than paintball, which you can only do certain places, nerf you can do anywhere, as shown in the semi frequent wars at the college I hope to go to, and I don't even do the ones where the people have it on all the time during the day, if I did that at my school I would end up packing one and getting in trouble if someone saw it.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
I was just looking at some semi-realistic looking futuristic nerf guns for accessories to possible Halloween costumes...and they are $99! Seriously, for a nerf gun? Looks like I'll just be doing something like a P90 airsoft (P90 might not be futuristic, but at least the design kinda looks that way to someone that doesn't know weapons).

Remove ads