The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
kids. Sheesh. Now if they would put that energy to productive use, like getting their homeword done on time .. .. .. ..

renau1g

First Post
Well, done. You run a bit faster than I do, I'd expect my time on a 2 mile would be between 15-16 minutes (I usually run 3-4 miles, but at a slower pace). I've never been a great distance runner. You definitely have an age advantage though, since I fall in the 32-36 grouping.

[MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION]: Put us to shame, and tell us how fast you can do 2 miles. :D

I used to run a bit more, apparently having three toddler/babies puts a cramp on my time to work out, but I think it was around 4.5 min kilometers so for a 5k run it was 22:30 or so. Last time I ran the 5k in a race it was more like 25 mins, but i hadn't run in a year. Hockey is a much different work out.

Rhun

First Post
I used to run a bit more, apparently having three toddler/babies puts a cramp on my time to work out, but I think it was around 4.5 min kilometers so for a 5k run it was 22:30 or so. Last time I ran the 5k in a race it was more like 25 mins, but i hadn't run in a year. Hockey is a much different work out.

Ah, for some reason I thought your running times were a lot quicker than that! :) Not that that is bad! It generally takes me around 28-30 minutes to do a 5K...when I was running all the time, I think my best was like 26:30 or so.

Now, I generally work out on my recumbent bike. I still feel like I get a good work-out, but my joints and such aren't so sore after.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Wow looks like some milestones are coming up soon.

Scott is close to 10k posts :D

While Rhun has gotten back into regular posting again and is 100 + away from 20k

I don't think I will ever catch up :(

HM

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
They need a achievement of having a pbp finish one storyline and then another if you ended the campaign (without the game dying or being prematurely called off).

Oh and one called; "Resurrection ftw!" Which is only awarded to those who were banned from the site and then let back in under good graces.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
While Rhun has gotten back into regular posting again and is 100 + away from 20k

I don't think I will ever catch up :(

That's the plan, my friend. :) Be glad I took most of last year off from regular posting, or I'd probably have another 1500-2000 posts under my belt. Not to mention the 1200+ I lost during the Great Database Crash of 2006!

They need a achievement of having a pbp finish one storyline and then another if you ended the campaign (without the game dying or being prematurely called off).

For players as well as DMs, of course. I've finished a couple PBP's here as a player. But apparently I run far to large scale of games as a DM...5+ years and they are still going strong, but not anywhere close to ending.

Remove ads