• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Mists of Ravenloft in Eberron

BOAZ

First Post
SO, since I'm reading the new Ravenloft book, which is pretty f*%ing good BTW, I'm planning to use it in my Eberron campaign. We already talked about placing Castle Ravenloft within the world of Eberron, but I'm actually now thinking to "whisk" the players into the Domain of Dread. I would just love to use my Tarokka deck and some good old "vistani-gypsie--travel-though-the-mist-goodness"... The Mournland comes to mind... Anyway, anyone tried this yet?

Crothian

First Post
If I did I'd want to redo Ravenloft to reflect the different races and characteristics from Eberron. I like the idea of a single grande gothic train that can travel from domain to domain. I'd make use a little more of the races and try to come up with something for the Deathless or a connection or something there.

One could also make the Mournlands in Ravenloft instead of Eberron. The mists surrounding the Mournlands actually leds to Ravenloft. There was a magical experiement involving the RL that went bad taking what is now called the Mournlands there, but not completely. The Lord of Blades can be the ruler of this new domain.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
As far as the gothic train goes, maybe its connection to the Domain of Dread is due to a "murder on the Orient Express" sort of tale?

If you are looking to do an 'Eberron' segment within the world of Ravenloft you should consider MANY things.

Dreaming Dark

Undying

Unique use of Tech / Magic

Dragonmarks ....gotta give that a morbid twist somehow

New races; Just look at them- a werewolf type, a frankenstien's monster type, a possessed shell and a changling lots of ways to twist these.

The more I think about it the more I wouldn't mind playing with it.....

Nyeshet

First Post
I'm not Eberron conversant, so I hope my ignorance is not too problematic to understanding my post.

As I recall, a plane is bound apart from the Prime - it no longer orbits it. Perhaps when this plane was ripped out of its orbit and bound afar a bit of the Prime (or another plane?) was accidentally severred and now exists in a twilit fashion - not as far off as that other plane, but not really a part of the Prime either. Perhaps were it once existed is now shrouded in confusing mists where planar borders are weak, and due to existing co-tangent to its prior location, there is a chance that any that wander through those mists might find themselves on this demiplane ripped from the Prime. But perhaps whatever bounds the distant plane also makes it harder to return to the Prime from this severred piece of it, and the other plane somehow 'taints' this former part of the Prime - thus resulting in the various effects that collectively define being in Ravenloft.

Does this make any sense?

DungeonMaester

First Post
Cool idea. I was thinking of starting my Ravenloft campaign using the train to death from ff3. BTW, help me come up with ideas for my campaign please!

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=177731

---Rusty

So yeah..I was drunk last night when I made a few post, so they didnt turn out like I had thought they would. I havn't read the book in question, so I dont know if it is or is not simmular to the train to death on Final fantasy 3.

Also, I fixed the link problem.

Last edited:

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Now that I'm thinking about it, and working off of what everyone else has suggested, I think this is a cool idea. Ravenloft could be a demiplane of its own still, and the idea of the planar cosmology in Eberron certainly works well with the Ravenloft cosmology- particularly the idea of the Grand Conjunction (when Ravenloft becomes coterminous with Eberron).

The notion that the Mournland are connected would be interesting- perhaps old Cyre was pulled into Ravenloft due to atrocities committed during the Last War. You could even drop the Mournland as they currently exist and just drop the portions of Ravenloft that you want in there, if you want to go that way.

BOAZ

First Post
Wow, these are all awesome ideas. Thanks a lot! BTW, in an earlier post someone was even suggesting that the lost 'Mark of Death' is somehow connected with the Demiplane of Dread. I thought that was a pretty cool idea as well....

Remove ads