The new Doctor has been announced!

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Haven't seen SE, but my daughter has (and she loved the 10th and 11th Doctors) and loved it and loves him and says he'll be great, so there you have it! :D

Dausuul

Legend
Never heard of/seen him, but everyone who has seems to think he'll be awesome, so I'll take that as a good sign. :)

I wonder if he'll use his natural Scots accent in the role, or switch to an English accent like David Tennant did.

Never heard of/seen him, but everyone who has seems to think he'll be awesome, so I'll take that as a good sign. :)

I wonder if he'll use his natural Scots accent in the role, or switch to an English accent like David Tennant did.
Wonder if RTD will also make him say moon as many times as possible like he did with Tennant lol

delericho

Legend
I've never heard of Ncuti Gatwa or seen him in anything, but that's not saying much - the same was true of Matt Smith, and he succeeded at the almost impossible job of following Tennant. Besides, I trust RTD, who has a good eye for talent.

In any case, I don't think there has actually ever been a bad actor playing the Doctor - even when the show has been poor (Colin Baker and Sylverster McCoy's eras, the McGann TV movie, and now Whittaker's era), I'd put the blame with the material they've been given rather than the central performance.

Zardnaar

Legend
I've never heard of Ncuti Gatwa or seen him in anything, but that's not saying much - the same was true of Matt Smith, and he succeeded at the almost impossible job of following Tennant. Besides, I trust RTD, who has a good eye for talent.

In any case, I don't think there has actually ever been a bad actor playing the Doctor - even when the show has been poor (Colin Baker and Sylverster McCoy's eras, the McGann TV movie, and now Whittaker's era), I'd put the blame with the material they've been given rather than the central performance.

This the doctor doesn't matter to much.

The writing though.....

Remove ads