The new Doctor has been announced!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Capaldi was more misses than hits, no doubt about that, but some of the hits (mostly in the latter half of his run) were absolutely stunning. I'll put "Hell Bent" and "Extremis" up against any episode in the show's entire history.
Capaldi was superb.

Hell Bent - is that the one where he doesn't say a word for the first 20 minutes, and yet completely dominates every scene he's in as the Time Lords come to negotiate with him outside that barn? That showed what a really good actor could do without even speaking.

Dausuul

Legend
Capaldi was superb.

Hell Bent - is that the one where he doesn't say a word for the first 20 minutes, and yet completely dominates every scene he's in as the Time Lords come to negotiate with him outside that barn? That showed what a really good actor could do without even speaking.
Actually I had the names mixed up - I was thinking of the one right before it, Heaven Sent, which is the one where the Doctor is trapped alone in a mystery castle, trying to dodge a nightmare out of his childhood and figure out what's going on. Peter Capaldi is carrying the entire episode by himself--the only other actors are the monster and a few cameos by Jenna Coleman--and he pulls it off magnificently.

But Hell Bent was pretty damn good too. :)

Remove ads