• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The New News Digest Page.

RavenProject

First Post
Well one thing though. All those "scoop submitted by xyz" are rather distracting and not very pretty. At least it should be changed to "scoop by xyz" or "by xyz". I for one do not see, why credits for scoops should be provided anyway but that's just me. :p

Last edited:

Michael Morris

First Post
RavenProject said:
Well one thing though. All those "scoop submitted by xyz" are rather distracting and not very pretty. At least it should be changed to "scoop by xyz" or "by xyz". I for one do not see, why credits for scoops should be provided anyway but that's just me. :p

That's how it used to be on Eric's original news page. The exact phrasing is controlled by a template and can be changed later if desired.

Michael Morris

First Post
smok said:
Congratulations on the new system.

I have been using the RSS feeds from the message boards to get a feed of the various message boards that I read. Can I get the headlines via RSS now?

I use URLs like http://www.enworld.org/forums/external.php?forumids=2&type=rss but a forum ID of 109 still gives the news as a single post per day.

Richard

In the new system each category has it's own forum as follows:

Site News #162
WotC News #164
D20 System News #163
Reviews #182
Community News #178
Software News #179
Books & Novels #180
Other News #181

To see all headlines you'll need a news reader that can see mulitiple forums (I presume you do from you're statement). While this setup is a little less convenient than 1 forum for all headlines, it does have the advantage that you can be selective in what categories go into your news.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
RavenProject said:
I for one do not see, why credits for scoops should be provided anyway but that's just me. :p

Because recognition is a good motivator. It isn't like scoopers get paid or anything.

smok

First Post
RSS Feed working

Spoony Bard said:
In the new system each category has it's own forum as follows:

Site News #162
WotC News #164
D20 System News #163
Reviews #182
Community News #178
Software News #179
Books & Novels #180
Other News #181

To see all headlines you'll need a news reader that can see mulitiple forums (I presume you do from you're statement). While this setup is a little less convenient than 1 forum for all headlines, it does have the advantage that you can be selective in what categories go into your news.

I added these feeds and they all are working. Thanks for the changes!
Richard - happy he can read En World news in the same place as all the other sites again

Wasgo

Explorer
Any way to make the news sort by descending chronological order? Having it sort by catagories, then in ascending chronological order makes it harder to read what's new.

Michael Morris

First Post
Wasgo said:
Any way to make the news sort by descending chronological order? Having it sort by catagories, then in ascending chronological order makes it harder to read what's new.

It is descending - there just happens to be only one day's worth of news in the new system.

Remove ads