• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Official Welcome Thread - Version 2.0

illwizard

First Post
G'day everyone,

I'm from Geraldton, Western Australia and have been playing DnD mostly as a DM for about 10 years now.

ENWorld so far has proven to be a very valuable source of information for me and I definately plan on hanging around.

I am very excited about the prospects of 4E, so thanks to everyone for the valuable insights and excerpts posted so far.

Anyway, I hope to post soon. Cheers.

zaraphael

First Post
Hi

(Exit lurk mode) I'm just saying Hi to get rid of that post a hello message on my screen. I've been playing DnD since 1983 and I've actually visited this site since it was Eric Noah's 3E site. I live in Halifax, NS, Canada. I've played 1E, 2E, 3E, 3.5E and BECMI. Can't wait for 4E. Anyways, laters. (Re-enters Lurk mode)

Arbanax

First Post
Just siging on

Hi all

I've kept seeing the nag screen to introduce myself so here goes.

Little history - I played AD&D when I was younger, around 16 (now 41). Came back briefly to 3.0 but got mightily cheesed off when 3.5 came out. Hardly done much about things but then last year started thinking back again and lo and behold 4e was announced.

So I've been back on EN world digesting the whole mix, I feel like such a newb all over again - I don't have a group or anything to DM for or to run with but I'm just looking in over everyone else's shoulders as they talk about things.

OK that's probably enough to get by on, be seeing you.

Arbanax :ranged:

Irrylath

First Post
Howdy Folks,
New to the forums but wanted to say Hi. Excited about the new 4th edition coming up and ive been reading the forums for a while. Figured it was time to make a post and say you guys are great!

-Irrylath

Blind Juggler

First Post
Here Goes

Hello all. I'm obviously new here. My RPG street-cred begins with playing 2nd ed. at my 12th Birthday party. After that, we've mostly stuck with AD&D. However, our biggest campaign was a Dark Sun game. My personal favorite is Ravenloft, for the feel and the emotion the game is able to invoke.

I've also played Champions {with the Fuzion System}, Extreme Vengeance changed the way I view role-playing overall, Vampire: The Masquerade [almost destroyed my gaming group], and I am the only person I know who owns the WWE[F] Wrestling Role-Playing Game.

I've had diverse experiences as both a DM and a player. But I'm always open to new thoughts, ideas, and techniques. That's all for now, thanks for your time.

Chris

Tervin

First Post
Intro

Hi!

Have been lurking for a while, finding this the D&D discussion forum that I keep coming back to. Main interest at present is 4th Edition D&D, and especially the campaign that I plan to start running in August.

I am one of those people with 25 years+ experience of the game. Still, any bragging rights I can claim is from the Swedish convention scene, as a quite successful competitive player and tournament runner. I wrote and ran convention tournament stories from -88 to -97, AD&D for the first five of those years, then Vampire. Since our tourneys were quite popular, my estimate is that I have DMed a few hundred different people over the years, and as a tourney judge seen over a thousand different individuals play. If nothing else that showed me how many different playing styles there really are, and that trying experiment with your own way can make it all feel fresh all over again.

It has now been over ten years since my last convention (life happened), and almost as long since my Vampire chronicle finished. Since then I have been playing in a few D&D 3rd Ed campaigns with people with similar backgrunds in the game. Right now I am getting ready to DM again, in a campaign that I have been working on for a few years now.

I try to pick up all the 4th edition info I can find, and so far almost all of the changes are very workable with my own ideas. I have some doubts still about some changes that they are making, but nothing yet seems to force me into major houserules.

Remove ads