• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Paladin killed someone...what to do?

tonym

First Post
LordBOB said:
... not a single answer will be totally right, since everyone has thier own views. ( just my view)

Actually, one side can win the argument here. The DM is the judge. If the DM judges the paladin's behavior evil and strips away the paladin's powers, the Jim Hague side wins. If the DM doesn't, that means Heironmous agrees with me and our side wins.

Miscellaneous repurcussions that are not dealt from the the hand of Heironeous also mean our side wins.

Now read the DM's quote...

Galfridus said:
One of the reasons I have mitigated my initial assessment of the "evilness" of the paladin's actions is campaign history...plus the fact that the paladin's past history involves a lot of chaos and not much evil, has me thinking along Law-Chaos lines rather than Good-Evil lines.

There you have it. The paladin was not evil. He was chaotic. Ergo, the DM will not have Heironeous strip away the paladin's powers.

Me and Dannyalcatraz and the other guys on our side win! WOOO!

:)
Tony M

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Numion said:
Execution is a form of punishment. A tad harsh in this case, but in medieval times harsh was the norm when it came to punishments.

Heh. I can't remember the exact source of the story, but I remember reading about a harsh empire brought down for this reason.

A bunch of farmers were delayed one morning, through no fault of their own, and would arrive at the fields an hour after their appointed time.

"Brothers, we will be late to work," one of the farmers stated. "And we all know the penalty for being late to work."
"Death."
"And the penalty for armed rebellion against the throne?"
"Death."
"Doesn't seem like we have much to lose, now, does it?"

-Hyp.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
Heh. I can't remember the exact source of the story, but I remember reading about a harsh empire brought down for this reason.

A bunch of farmers were delayed one morning, through no fault of their own, and would arrive at the fields an hour after their appointed time.

"Brothers, we will be late to work," one of the farmers stated. "And we all know the penalty for being late to work."
"Death."
"And the penalty for armed rebellion against the throne?"
"Death."
"Doesn't seem like we have much to lose, now, does it?"

-Hyp.
:lol:
I saw that in the Cartoon History of the Universe, only it was a group of soldiers who were late getting to an assignment. The lines were:
"So, whats the penalty for armed rebellion?"
"Death"
"Hmmm... what's the penalty for being late?"
"Death"
"Guess what, we're late."

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The above was probably written by some wit who had heard of the Laws of Dracon (aka Draco), mentioned a few posts ago by yours truly.

Dracon made death the penalty for so many infractions that his name became the word for harsh laws or countermeasures: Draconic.

Galfridus said:
I hope no one locks the thread before tomorrow! The session is this evening and I intend to post the results in the morning.

I'd have to say that on the whole the thread has been pretty civil so do not fear a lock up. Best of luck with the session and looking forward to reading what happened.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

FickleGM

Explorer
...and now for my daily rant about religion and politics... ;) (what, I couldn't resist)

Just kidding Galfridus, I am looking forward to reading how this plays out for you.

Remove ads