'The Perilous (Chapter I, II, III, IV)

Over the last week or so, the entire group of you have been contacted individually by couriers in the employ of the Grand Guild of Weavers. The offer came wrapped in a scroll, and each was handed over along with a polished amethyst (each worth 100 gp).

As the offer so reads;

"To those who receive these presents, greetings,
You are hereby invited to the guild-chambers of the great Thread-master Polixarchus IX on the seventh day of this month to hear an important and lucrative proposal. Those who come to hear Polixarchus' offer shall receive double again the jewels you have now been bestowed. Those who upon hearing the master out, deign to accept his offer will be rewarded beyond measure.

Given under my hand on this day, 1st Ambermoon.

Regards,
Phinea Nepenthe, scribe, Weavers Guild"

So now, here it is, on the 7th Ambermoon. You have all arrived near the Weaver's Hall but have not yet gone inside. There are 6 of you.

You can introduce yourselves to one another now if you like.

Last edited:

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
"Good morning all!! My name is Liliana and who might you all be called? I see that you have also been invited to hear out Thread-Master Polixarchus IX. I am looking forward to listening to what he has to say and quite frankly I hope there will be a lot of danger and even more wealth. It has been sometime since I have decimated an army and blown up some random monsters. It will be good to actually be doing something since the long, boring, endless training exercise I have recently been though. Don't get me wrong, the training masters are very good at their craft, but how many times do they need to see me fry some goblins, after the 40th time it is just not fun or exciting anymore."

Last edited:

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Thane, the very, very tall human weapon's locker...

A very tall man in impeccably polished studded leather steps up to you. At your mention of decimating armies and frying goblins he winces. Still, he sticks out his hand.

"Thane. Nice to meet you Ms. Lilliana. I'm not so sure you should be boasting about estinguisishing the lives of goblins... though I don't hold them in high reguard they, and... orcs... seem to be accepted as local citizens."

OOC: Though Thane speaks the same language as you do, his accent marks him as a foreigner.

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
From the shadows a pair of bright green eyes watched, observing the scene before it, noting the people and the lay of the terrain. Silent as darkness he moved, muscles rippling beneath his skin as he rubbed the amethyst and emerged from his concealment and into the street.

After following the tall man in the polished leather to the outskirts of Windfall Sher Farid had been at first reluctant to enter the settlement lest he be recognised by some stray merchant from the desert tribes. Eventually though he had entered, rediscoverying the practice of human custom until now he stood forth tall, sleek and athletic.

He was wearing a simple outfit today, civilian wear rather than the chain shirt he kept in his lair in the cliffs above the river. His dusky complexion invoked the golden sheen of the sands and his bright green eyes the rivers cool depths.

"I am Sher Farid" he purred "do any of you know anything of Thread-Master Polixarchus IX?"

Last edited:

Although none of you have actually met Polixarchus, a couple of you may know something about him.

Belok ... Knowledge(local) :result: 18.
Thane ... Knowledge(nobility) :result: 13.

Belok recalls that Polixarchus' IX is known for throwing excusive parties, gambling, and has an amazing villa somewhere in the gated nobles quarter of Windfall. He thinks Polixarchus is probably fairly rich.

Thane can recall that Polixarchus is a minor noble who sponsors the weavers guild.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Thane

Turns to the rather striking man who has just approached and arches an eyebrow.

"Well met, Sher Farid. Polixarchus is a minor noble with interests in this guild." He pauses "...I must admit that I'm fairly curious as to what the Weaver's Guild could want with us though. The manner of contact leaves me with a foul taste in my mouth. Were I you, I'd be on my gaurd." Turning to Liliana, "You as well."

Thane turns and begins to walk a short circuit of the room. Spot/Seach check & description please

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Belok Rustwater Half-Giant Rogue/Psychic Warrior

A towering humanoid strides up to the assembled company a huge glaive marked with use craddled in the crook of his arm. His gear is worn, but well maintained. A broad hat shields his face from the sun. He speaks with surprising softness for one so large. "Good day, I am Belok of the Rustwater clan. Does anyone know what the job is yet? I've heard a bit of Polixarchus IX. He is known for throwing exclusive parties, gambling, and has an amazing villa somewhere in the gated nobles quarter of Windfall. I expect the little baubles he sent out are to him like copper pieces to most."

ooc: Does Belok recognise the names of the others.

Gideon

First Post
Phelen

You all notice a cheery, short, almost 10 year old boy step out from behind the giant in front. "Hi, I'm Phelen" with a smile plastered all over his face. A sling is wrapped around his wris and you see a finely worked platinum ring glisten as he waves. "I would guess he has problems that need some fixing, either that or the challenge of making a table height for him (pointing at Belok) and me." Pelen smiles back to Thane's question.

OOC: Color ok for everyone?

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Thane, the 7-foot tall weapon's locker

Thane walks over over to greet the others and extends a hand to Belok and Phelen; pausing to give Belok an appraising look before speaking. "Good day to you both..." You get the distinct impression that he's not used to meeting anyone who could look him eye-to-eye before.

"I don't believe any of us knows exactly why we're here today. And from the look of things..." He pauses to take in everyone, "We're not here to be consulted about fabrics or the best manner or manufacturing a finished throw-rug."

"Do you suppose they'll summon us soon?" Once again he glaces at Belok, as though idly facinated before resuming his circuit of the room.

"Phelen..." Thane frowns, "Shouldn't you be in school today?" He appears totally sincere.

Last edited:

drdevoid

Explorer
enter Delmar

Delmar Blisterborn takes an appraising look at the assembled. He seems slightly off-put by the height of the assembled (mostly having to crane his neck), but can't help but suppress a warm smile at Phelen.

"Aye, Master Thane, it appears more and more like this Polixarchus assembled a group with equal skill in battle and negotiation. This tells me too little to speculate. My name is Delmar Blisterborn and I bring you tidings of Pelor's warmth and health.

From the tone of the invitation, I'd gather our potential benefactor appreciates a certain formality, this is probably just proper delay before a grand entrance. A light shall be shone on this issue soon enough, I imagine.

Hmmm, Have any of you seen any food?"

He turns to Liliana, "Incidentally, ma lady, I have found that goblin in this parts are much better grilled than fried. Unless you were speaking metaphorically... in which case they are better sauteed."

Last edited:

Remove ads