• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

'The Perilous (Chapter I, II, III, IV)

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Thane, newly chastized, and a measure wiser

"I... I thank you for your understanding." Thane smiles. "It seems that, in this instance, you are the larger man than I."

Thane looks up from Phelen. "Master Phinea? Whenever you are ready."

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Belok Half-Giant Rogue/Psychic Warrior

Peter said:
"now, before I direct you in to see the thread-master are there any questions?"

Speaking again in the surprisingly soft voice. "Indeed, I would like to ask a question or two of you good scribe Phinea. First let me thank you for the most pleasing gift. I would like to know how I came to the attention of you and your master."

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero

drdevoid said:
[COLOR=SiennaHmmm, Have any of you seen any food?"[/COLOR]

Speaking even more softly and close to Delmar Belok says, "Perhaps the lady will grill us a largemouth halfling in lieu of a goblin."

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Addressing Mr Phinea, "I am very curious as to what your master has in store for us and I do wonder how such a respected member of the community has even ever heard of the likes of me? You don't by chance know how or could possibly let slip what he has in mind for us could you?"

drdevoid

Explorer
"As the lady alluded, dear Scribe, are we presentable enough to meet your master? Should we visit your shop before the meeting and attire ourselves properly?"

"Also, will we be dining at this meeting?"

After carefully appraising Phelen he turns to Belok and says softly, "No, the wee one is just good people, sir. Besides, he's probably a pretty good cook."

Scotley

Hero

drdevoid said:
After carefully appraising Phelen he turns to Belok and says softly, "No, the wee one is just good people, sir. Besides, he's probably a pretty good cook."

Softly to Delmar, "I'm sure he's a fine fellow and I mean no harm, mearly a comment on the rather odd nature of our group. I will of course reserve judgement on his merits as cook or cooked until we've had a chance for a sample." Belok says with a good natured grin.

Last edited:

Phinea receives your questions.

To Sher: "Polixarchus is a very wealthy man." Not that that answers your question. Phinea, however, does not offer any more details.

To the rest of you; "Your names were given to us by agents we contracted in town to find suitable employees, of course."

To Delmar "I'm sure you are dressed just fine." He looks disatastefully at Delmar and then the rest of you, one by one. Finally he just blinks.

"I'm afraid there won't be much time for refreshments, but I will see what I can do."

OOC: to Tonguez- Windfall is in more of an "isolated backwater' type of location, but the carpet industry has been booming of late.

The door is opened and you are ushered in to a largish room where there are several youngish female women working on elaborate carpets. Beyond them is a raised dais, and a throne. Lounging in the throne uncomfortably is a tall human man with sallow skin and dull brown eyes. He is dressed in elaborate grey and silver robes woven with geometric patterns.

As Phinea leads your group into the room, the women all stand and leave. You get the feeling the women-weavers are not chosen to work in this room for their weaving talents alone. The scent of perfume follows them out.

"Oh Magnificent One, they have arrived."

Polixarchus stands immediately and descends the platform, smiling.
"Excellent! Welcome to the Weavers Hall. "

He shakes hands with each of you, and even makes a clumsy attempt to perform an ancient Pelorian salute to Delmar, touching his forehead. When he reaches Lilliana, he lingers for a few seconds too long.

"I am charmed to meet each of you.. each of you. Yesss.."

He actually forgets to greet Phelen, who may have been overlooked behind the overly tall Belok or Thane.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero

Belok returns the handshake warmly, "A pleasure." He then tries his best to look competent and confident, while surreptitiously looking over the room to judge the potential wealth here as he considers possible fees.

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Oh great, now I can see why I was invited along to this party as the possible entertainment. If it is entertainment this man wants I will give it to him. I am pretty sure though that when I am done with him he will wish he never laid his eyes on me, literally. Chuckling somewhat to myself, I wonder how human might taste being roasted over a spit?

Speaking with a hint of laughter and sarcasm, "It is good to finally meet you Polixarchus. I hope we didn't interrupt an important meeting with all your beautiful, ahhh dignitaries, did we? I am sure your time is most valuable to you." Moving just out of his reach, wandering hands and all, over to Phelan, "Thread-Master you seem to have missed greeting one of our party, this is Phelen. I am sure you did not mean to insult him by passing him by."

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads