• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

'The Perilous (Chapter I, II, III, IV)

Gideon

First Post
Phelen

"Well, I didn't stay in school when I was 20 and i doubt I'd stay there now" craning his neck to look at Thane. "Food would be really good!" nodding over to the sun worshiper.

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
drdevoid said:
He turns to Liliana, "Incidentally, ma lady, I have found that goblin in this parts are much better grilled than fried. Unless you were speaking metaphorically... in which case they are better sauteed."

"You due seem to have gotten my drift, Delmar is it, and I will be glad to prepare them anyway you like; fried, frozen or just melted off thier bones. I am at your disposal."

Adressing everyone else, "I have not heard of this Polixarchus but from what you fellows have mentioned, he might just be bored and looking for some sport or he has a rvial that needs to be taken out. Either way as long as I get to destroy something I am all for it. This waiting mind you is getting increasingly boring, and when I get bored it is not a pretty site."

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Thane nods his greetings at Delmar, clearly respectful of his lifelong devotion to the Sun god.

Turning to Phelen and kneeling down so as to look him in the eye, "You'd do well to go to school and stop fooling around sonny. Many men have found the beginnings of greatness beneath a school-master's watchful eye. Besides," he straightens up. "...schooling will teach you a modicum of disipline, and Disipline can save your life." He pauses before continuing and you get the impression that he's reliving a memory. When he continues you have to strain to hear him. "Metaphorically or literally..."

Snapping out of his reverie; "I'm not particularly hungry at the moment, but I could use a nice cup of water... maybe with some ice and a bit of lemon."

Thane stands agape at Liliana's casual comments about wanton destruction and destruction of goblins. He recovers, and watches her warily.

Last edited:

Gideon

First Post
Phelen

"Sonny? I'm 40 years old sir and you look nothing like either my mom or dad. I guess it's possible that you're my uncle, never met my uncle." He says with obvious playfulness. "Dicipline, now there is something I guess I should find but for some reason the general store is always sold out." Phelen finishes up with a shrug and the smile widens a little bit.

Suddenly, the doors to the weavers hall open slightly and a gnome dressed in elaborate silks and wearing a feathered ornamental turban appears.

"Ah. Welcome, friends." he says with a slightly disappointed look. He takes out a scroll and begins checking it.

"There are only six of you? Hmm. I suppose someone may be late.. Ok. Fine. My name is Phinea, and I shall be guiding your visit. Please come in." He shakes his scroll a little to keep it from rolling back up. It seems to contain a long list of names.

A human dressed in a simple tan tunic pushes open the second door from inside and you are then gestured inside. Phinea takes the lead, and the end of the line is the other servant who opened the door.

The weavers hall is furnished with tasteful and opulent carpets- each depicting intertwining and interleaved designs of knotwork and intricate geometric patterns. The walls are hung with polished brass lamps and woven tapestries or decorative wall-hangings. At regular intervals there are windows.

You are directed through a long spacious hallway, past numerous side hallways, and finally down a short flight of steps and through a long gallery of interesting woven carpets and tapestries. At last you reach a door decorated with the seal of the weavers guild. Phinea stops the group.

"now, before I direct you in to see the thread-master are there any questions?"

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
There is not much to go on about the Thread-Master except to beleive that he has some degree of influence and connection in and about Windfall. The group he has fallen in beside seems to be a most interesting motley crew - ranging from giants to madmen, mischief makers and disciples of the gods.

"Goblin is too greasy" he says idlely, an passing comment, before stepping up to follow the gnome into the Guildhall. As he goes he scans the halls from floor to ceiling noting the presence of people, especially guards and of doors and windows. His nostrils take in the scents and his ears listen for sounds beyond those of usual commerce

Finally reaching the door decorated with the seal of the weavers guild Sher Farid looks appraisingly at the gnome, still not sure of whether to consider him friend or threat.

"Friend gnome" he addresses him smoothly "I understand that the Thread-master is about to give us a proposal and I will wait to hear it before giving my decision. However before hand I wish you to tell me honestly what manner of man is Polixarchus?"

(ooc ps what do we know of the Windfall and its political position - is it an isolated backwater, or a key strategic position?)

Last edited:

Gideon

First Post
Phelen

Looking the gnome directly in the eye, just because it is at eye height, "Who is your tailor? Cause these guys aren't gonna help me." Phelen gives the old head nod towards the giants of the group.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Thane, tiring of bantering with this child who treats him as if he is the child, looks at Phelen in obvious disapproval. "If you don't want the benefits of an education, that's fine by me. But beleive me when I tell you that you're missing out on an entire world."

Thane follows the courier (ducking through any doorways if necessary). "No questions from me just yet. Although, I'm intensly curious as to why your... master? has gathered us all together and for what purpose."

Gideon

First Post
"Look Thane, I am 40 years old, my education is done and certainly didn't happen in a school. My mom and dad were traders and I helped them out. I am a halfling. Well more like third-ling to you...but you get the idea." Speaking to Thane on the way in.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Thane looks from Phelen to Phinea and back again. Comprehension slowly dawns on his face. His cheeks flush roxy red. "Your a... a... oh..." Thane steadfastly ignores Phelen until the group arrives at the doors and Phinea addresses them.

"Errmmm, sorry Phelen... it seems that I confused you for a human... you have my aplogies." He looks sheepish.

Remove ads