• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Planes Through Illumus:OOC(CALLING Nephtys) Looking for 1 alt.

garlicnation

First Post
hey guys, i have decided to name the campaign "The planes through Illumus" do you like it. i am always open ot suggestions. (Oh, btw, i use correct grammer in my campaign posts)

Crosshair

First Post
garlicnation said:
hey guys, i have decided to name the campaign "The planes through Illumus" do you like it. i am always open ot suggestions. (Oh, btw, i use correct grammer in my campaign posts)

I might suggest "The Planes of Illumus" too, that seems to specify too much ownership to Illumus though, so right now I'd go with "The Planes through Illumus" first. If Illumus is the hub of all planes, then it might be a better idea.

garlicnation

First Post
arghh, there is an important plot point that would make naming it easier, but would give away big things. i will stick with the planes through illumus for now and will be posting a rouges gallery

edit: Rouge's Gallery

Last edited:

garlicnation

First Post
Ok, as soon as gabrion finishes her char,I will start the IC thread. up to 2 more people are welcome to join, but we will have a psion, supporter, and meatshield, which will work fine in the beginning. I am changing the thread name to "The planes through Illumus:OOC." And gabrion, all your stuff is approved

gabrion

First Post
garlicnation said:
Ok, as soon as gabrion finishes her char,I will start the IC thread. up to 2 more people are welcome to join, but we will have a psion, supporter, and meatshield, which will work fine in the beginning. I am changing the thread name to "The planes through Illumus:OOC." And gabrion, all your stuff is approved

Thanks. I've been up for about 36 hours writing about machiavellian virtu and legal positivism though, so I'm afraid it will still be a bit before I get all the details hammered out for my character. I will try to make sure he is done by the end of the weekend though. I hope that doesn't cause too much of a problem.

Endovior

First Post
I'm interested, if there's still time to get in.

I'm thinking of making a Human Rogue 7 / Master Thrower 3... assuming you approve of the Master Thrower PrC (from Complete Warrior), of course.

I'll start work as soon as I get the green light, as I've been making up NPCs all week, it should take me approximately no time to make the character.

garlicnation

First Post
I will approve it as long as you dont think it is broken.(If it is broken, then you will screw over the entire party caus i will unleash my munchkin killer on you. min/maxing isnt munchkining)

Mind_Bullets

First Post
Sorry I haven't been on much, I'm still interested in playing if I can. However, I've changed my preference to a Ninja. If this is alright with you I'll go ahead and start posting my character soon.

Endovior

First Post
Just to clarify, the Master Thrower is chiefly an attempt to make thrown weapons worth using. Otherwise, there's not much point... magic thrown weapons are as expensive as everyone else's, but you need a lot more of them to keep up a full attack pattern... not to mention the possibility of losing them while they're stuck in your foe. What it lets you do is choose among a series of "Thrown Weapon Tricks", which are analagous to other weapon feats. Specifically, I'm looking at Palm Throw (which is somewhat similar to Manyshot for thrown weapons), and Sneaky Throw, (which closely mimics Improved Feint). The combination DOES allow a fair amount of damage against an inattentive opponent (what Rogues are for!)... but it's in line with that done by, say, an Archery-type Rogue.

Additional Info:

Master Thrower requirements:
BaB +5, Sleight of Hand 4, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Weapon Focus (any Thrown Weapon)

Master Thrower benefits:
Full BaB progression, Good Reflex saves, d8 Hit dice, 4+Int skill points per level.
1st: Quick Draw, Thrown Weapon Trick
2nd: Evasion
3rd: Thrown Weapon Trick
4th: Snatch Arrows
5th: Critical Throw, Thrown Weapon Trick

Thrown Weapon Tricks: (there are more then shown here, but I'm only displaying the ones relevant to me)
Palm Throw: When using little thrown weapons (darts, shuriken, and daggers; the DM may allow other weapons), a Master Thrower with this ability may throw two of them with a single attack roll. Damage for each weapon is resolved seperately, but the Master Thrower does not apply his Strength bonus to either damage roll.
Sneaky Shot: Just before making a ranged attack, a Master Thrower with this ability can use a move action to make a Sleight of Hand check opposed by her target's Spot check. If she wins the opposed check, the target is denied his Dexterity bonus to the attack.
Deadeye Shot (to be taken after leveling up twice, if I live that long): The critical multiplier for any specific type of thrown weapon increases by one (for example, a hand axe has a critical modifier of x4 instead of x3) when this ability is used. The benefit of this ability does not stack with any other ability that increases critical modifiers.

Critical Throw simply grants Improved Critical for any weapons you have Weapon Focus for.

The only broken thing about the class is a specific Thrown Weapon trick, Weak Spot, which allows you to make thrown weapon attacks as ranged touch attacks against targets your size or larger... I think it's broken, so I'm not taking that particular trick. That being said, the rest of the class is fine, IMO. I await your approval.

One other thing... how do we calculate HP?

Last edited:

Endovior

First Post
Eh, I finished the character in this spot of free time anyways, so might as well post...

As a note, I used a feat from Complete Warrior: Arterial Strike
This allows me to, once per sneak attack, substitute 1d6 of sneak attack damage to inflict a wound that doesn't stop bleeding. The target continues to take 1 damage on their turn until they receive either a DC15 Heal check or any sort of magical healing. Multiple Arterial Strikes stack.

Of course, it's an open question as to whether inflicting damage in this way is worthwhile... most battles shouldn't last that long.

Rolled HP here: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=176869

Mark North
CG Human Rogue 7, Master Thrower 3
Male, Age 21 Years, Height 5'5", Weight 145 lb, Black Hair, Green Eyes, White Skin
Deity: Olidammara
Str10
Dex26 +8 (18 Base, +2 Level, +6 Item)
Con10
Int14 +2
Wis10
Cha10
HP: 44
BaB: +8/+3
AC: 21
Fortitude: +4 (+3 Base, +1 Resistance)
Reflex: +13 (+8 Base, +4 Dex, +1 Resistance) (+15 vs Traps)
Will: +4 (+3 Base, +1 Resistance)
Initiative: +4
Feats:
Weapon Focus (Dagger)
Point Blank Shot
Precise Shot
Far Shot
Arterial Strike
Quick Draw [Bonus]
Special Abilities:
Sneak Attack +4d6
Trapfinding