The Psionicle: Animus' Quest

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Continuation of the Psionicle game.

Psionicle Players (other than CS): You're free to read this thread if you so desire, but be aware that your characters will probably be ignorant of most of what goes on here; with such being the case, I recommend that you not read the thread until Animus returns. Of course, the choice is up to you - so long as you can keep your character knowledge and player knowledge seperate, I'm fine with it.

-----

This thread will follow Animus as he splits from the rest of the party, taking the sorcerer Jirlai's offer to accompany him and the woman in black, Luna, to the city of Koltir, where Ratheqar has fled with the girl, Tori'shel, as his captive.

-----

OoC: As a sidenote, I will be trying to keep track of IC time in both the main Psionicle game and this one, so that Animus' return to the party is temporally accurate... assuming he returns, of course.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Yeah, returns... right... I've no idea what you've planned, but something tells me that Animus is returning as a thrall, undead, or corpse.

Animus makes his way to the meeting place with Jirlai, upon encountering the man he looks about for the method of Transport that will be used.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Animus finds his way to the airdocks easily enough, and finds Jirlai and Luna readily.

"Animus." Jirlai says, by way of greeting, as he approaches. "The Elen is above. It's ready to depart... Luna, go tell them we're coming."

Luna nods, and heads up a staircase near the entrance of the airdocks.

Jirlai then looks to you, his demeanor serious.

"This is your last chance. If you've changed your mind... we can't return once we leave. This is a one-way trip, and we're headed directly for Koltir. If you want to stay, you can, but you must decide now."

OoC: Oh, I don't think it's that grim... you might have a chance. :)

Creamsteak

Explorer
Animus only response is to frown at the man.

Oh, I'm not saying your a killer DM, but the way I play characters like this one, I see stupid mistakes in the near future.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Jirlai nods.

"Very well, then. The Elen waits." He heads for the staircase Luna took, and gestures for you to follow.

"The trip to Koltir will take the better part of a day." Jirlai says as you ascend. "We'll arrive there sometime early tonight. Hopefully you'll have a better chance of escape with the darkness..."

"Speaking of which," He says as you arrive on the open-air roof of the building, "I have some spells which I can cast that you may find useful. I can make you invisible for a short time, if you think that will be of any use."

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Does he really think that I would trust his magic?"

"But... then again, it could be necessary. I really don't know where I'm going..."

"What about the Githyanki..."

Animus follows closely, heavy in his thoughts, especially trying to think about how he is going to manage to do ANYTHING at all. He has no idea what the landscape ahead looks like, no idea what is ahead, and no idea where to look even if he does manage to be stealthy enough to avoid detection...

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Jirlai simply nods at your silence, and leads you to one of the ships at the far end of the roof. Each dock is similar to those used for watercraft, with the decks of each ship being more or less level with the roof itself.

"It's that one," Jirlai says, indicating the ship with a gesture.

The Elen appears to be little more than a standard sailing ship, at first look; however, as you near it, you can tell that it is much more. Sails and rudder have been replaced by large propellors, and the back end of the ship is dominated by a large metal machine, spewing forth a small cloud of smoke and dust and soot. There are a few forms running about the ship; among them you make out a human, a halfling, and a goblin.

Jirlai climbs aboard the ship, and indicates for you to do the same.

"Luna is probably in our quarters below." He says quietly. "We won't be able to discuss our plans indepth, with the possibility of spies... we'll have to wait until later. If you want to stay up here and watch as we take off, be my guest... though you may find that the sensation is unpleasant at best; if you do, I recommend you come down sometime soon, as we must discuss just what you plan to do. Luna and I will be below. We should be easy to find - ours is the only door that will shut."

With that, he heads for a hatch in the center of the ship, opens it, and descends.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Animus does indeed stay outside the ship for a minute. Not because he is daring or excited by the chance to be airborne, but because he is suspicious. He makes sure to examine the human, halfling, and goblin (is it a blue?) that are running about the ship. He has no questions for them (nor would he like to speak directly), but at least a passing judgement on the few he sees seems important.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
The goblin is not a blue.

Watching the crew for a small while, you see that there are five: two humans, two halflings, and the goblin. Each of them is garbed in simple, rugged clothing, and the halflings have pouches filled with various tools hanging on their belts. The crew is slightly unkempt, but not overly so. One of the humans, a woman, seems to be in charge, as she is directing the others.

After a minute or so, the ship makes a loud roar, and the propellors begin to turn.

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Two techs. I assume those are regular cast and crew here. And the commander, unless she has another alegiance, is unlikely to be a spy or enemy. I'll go ask her then."

Animus will wait till the ship has obtained it's "normal" cruising circumstances so that he can go and ask the captain a couple questions about her crew. He doesn't want to bother her till after the ship is no-longer so busy that she needs to be yelling orders at all the others.

Remove ads