The Psionicle: Animus' Quest

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Nice shot. Jirlai's spells might incidently finish them off. Let's hurry!"

Animus runs with the other, at his best speed till he gets to the stairs (120 foot run I guess). If someone seems to be unable to keep up the pace, slow down to thier average speed.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Amaryllis nods. "Thanks! But wasn't he with them? Why did he turn on them?"

You run down the hall. As you near the stairs on the far end, you can hear the sounds of footsteps coming down the staircase.

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Jirlai is a wildcard. He wouldn't mind destroying all the psions far and wide, and he suspects that Rathequar is working for someone with a much more dangerous bent to his attitude. Perhaps they want to destroy everything? Who knows? I know that I don't. But Jirlai just saved us, I'm not about to ask questions. Come on, let's hurry up and hope that whoever we meet is friendly."

"And could you tell Torishel that I'm... um... glad to see her again."

Continue forwards, slightly more cautiously (stopping if we see who's coming down).

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Amaryllis nods. She looks to Tori'shel. "Animus says he's glad to see you again."

Tori'shel smiles, but says nothing.

As you reach the base of the stairs, two figures - both armored in what looks like chainmail, and both wielding a longsword and shield - come dashing down the stairs. You pause as they appear, and either due to the poor lighting of the hallway or their own hurriedness, they run past you, not even taking note of your presence.

You continue up the staircase and through the first basement level, and up the stairs at the end of those. These all pass uneventfully.

Eventually, you reach the door through which you came to get to the prison.

"What do you want to do now?" Amaryllis asks, looking to you as she reloads her weapon. "Those other guards might not have noticed that we were there, but the one on the other side of the door will. And we've got her, which makes us a lot more suspicious. And there's the two at the entrance..."

Creamsteak

Explorer
"You should put away your gun. We will see what we can do about it. We could try to trick them, but let's use that only if our more honest explanation that someone is under attack below and they were going to kill all three of us works. If you have a better idea though, go with it. That isn't my area of finesse."

Animus pulls the knife out of his stomach and throws it to the ground beside himself.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"Alright, then." Amaryllis says, shoving her gun into the folds of her coat.

She knocks on the door. "Hey!" She yells, feigning haste. "Open the door!"

There is a pause, and the door slowly opens. "Yes?"

"There's somebody down there!" Amaryllis says frantically, wide-eyed. "Somebody's trying to kill us! We ran up here as fast as we could..."

"We just sent two guards down." He says.

"They're not enough!" She cries. "He's throwing spells around, they don't stand a chance!"

"Alright, alright." The guard grumbles. "I'll head down and take a look."

He pushes past you, shaking his head and mumbling to himself. He takes a long look at Tori'shel as he passes, but he shrugs and continues on his way.

"Let's get out of here." Amaryllis says, and heads up the stairs.

You find yourselves in the main room once more, just off the entrance. Amaryllis walks to the double doors and opens them. "All clear." She says quietly. "Where to from here?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Need to pick anything up from home before we make a break for it?"

Animus is already moving at a brisk walk towards the exit.

Last edited:

Remove ads