The Psionicle: Animus' Quest

Creamsteak

Explorer
Isolated mind-link for the halfling:

"My name is Animus. I was wounded in a fight. The wounds have healed, but the poison coated on the blades has weakened me severely. This woman has helped me, whether for her benefit or ill. She, I believe, purchased some potions from you that were used to heal my body of the affliction. It has helped muchly, and at the very least I wanted to offer my thanks. But, I cannot leave here without asking if you could aid me further."

"I do not know much of your god. I know little of any of the gods. At one time, I was brought back to the world of the living from my death by the god Imzil. That was, and is, my first and only experience with the divine. Imzil showed me the way back, because it was necessary that I return for whatever reason. I am attempting to save a girl who was captured by a Githyanki named Rathequar. As a pest that these men intend to stomp out, I ended up in a fight with a goblin assassin, who did the work on my body that resulted in the poisoning."

"More importantly, I am trying to help my friends find the pieces of the Psionicle so that we can reassemble the artifact and realign the forces. I have been told that there are grave consequences if we fail. I need help, the girl will be moved to a place called the Cold Lands if I do not help her now, and return to my friends so I can aid them in there plight."

"I have nothing to offer, no wealth to speak of, but if Rashida is aligned with me, aligned to protect the balance of the forces, I beg you for Rashida's aid. I must be healed of my poison so that I can hurry, save my sister, and stop Rathequar and his superiors from destroying the artifacts."

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
The halfling is quiet as you send your missive.

"These are dire times, indeed." She says. "But you have come to the right place, young one. Among other things, Rashida is also the goddess of fate, and if fate has set you on this path, then she will be the one to guide you."

"Rashida, envinyata mine sina, mai sa na merella..." She says, and then touches you.

Suddenly, strength flows through your limbs; you feel fully rejuvenated (Back to full strength).

The priestess nods. "Rashida does, indeed, guide your path." She smiles. "Go, then, and save your friend."

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Thank you. Rashida bless."

Changing focus to Amaryllis, "I'm ready now. I assume they don't allow weapons inside this building if it is under guard? I can probably conceal the goblin dagger, it is very very tiny afterall. What do you wish to do?"

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
The halfling simply nods and smiles.

Animus
"I'm ready now. I assume they don't allow weapons inside this building if it is under guard? I can probably conceal the goblin dagger, it is very very tiny afterall. What do you wish to do?"

"That would probably be a safe bet." Amaryllis says, smiling. "My guess would be that the guards at the door would check us for weapons, but beyond that I think they'd assume we wouldn't have weapons on us, since they check at the door. Though they might start getting suspicious if we're headed for the prison."

"I'm ready to go. The only problem is that we don't know where the prison is, other than that it's in the tower and probably underground, and we don't know where they're keeping your friend. But I guess we can deal with that once we get in." She smiles.

Creamsteak

Explorer
"You sure do smile a lot."

Animus makes sure the weapon, his armor, and all other gear is ready. He also makes it a point to gain his psionic focus before leaving.

"Alright, you lead the way. I assume you should do the talking, a telepath might provoke unwanted attention."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Amaryllis shrugs. "Well, you know, this is the capital of what is probably the only psionic place in the world. I doubt they'd find a telepath weird, but... I suppose it doesn't hurt to play it safe."

With that, she leads you out of the temple, and through a few streets. As you go, she adjusts her gun in her belt so that it is little more than a slight bulge in her shirt.

You finally arrive, after a few minutes, at the base of the largest tower in Koltir, and probably all of Kahasal. The structure is massive - it stretches above you for at least ten stories. It seems to be primarily constructed of crystal.

"This is it." She says quietly as you approach the impressive double doors, which appear to be made out of solid diamond; two guards, who don't appear to be very attentive, stand watch before them. "I hope you're ready."

"Hold." The guard on the left says as you reach the doors. "What business do you have in the tower." He speaks with very little enthusiasm.

"We are here to visit my brother." Amaryllis says smoothly. "He was arrested for starting a fight in a bar."

"Take the stairs on the left. The guard there'll take you to him." The guard on the right says. "Do you have any weapons on you?"

"No." Amaryllis says.

"Sorry, but we have to check anyway." The guard on the left says, with a sigh. "Sorry about any inconvenience we may cause, so on and so forth, but we can't let anyone armed in."

They do a shoddy job of checking you, though you get the feeling they've done this many times before and at least have an idea of what they're doing. "Alright, you're clean. In you go." With that, the guards open the doors.

The room inside is slightly less majestic than the outside of the tower, but it is still a sight better than any place else you've been lately. The stairs here are made of stone, but they are aesthetically pleasing, at least. There are two such sets: one on the left, heading down, and another on the right, heading up. The room is vacant, not counting yourself and Amaryllis.

After you enter, the doors slam shut behind you.

"Well, shall we head down?" Amaryllis asks.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Amaryllis nods. "Well, I wasn't sure if you wanted to maybe head up first, or something. But downward we go."

You head down the stairs. At their bottom is a short hallway, ending in a simple wooden door; a guard sits on a stool by the door.

"Can I help you?" He asks as he rises from his seat.

Amaryllis looks to him, then looks to you.

Creamsteak

Explorer
"I wouldn't know where to go..."

After reaching the guard, Animus tells Amaryllis, "Should we ask for Tori'shel? That's the girls name. That's the only idea I have."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Amaryllis looks to the guard. "We're here to see Tori'shel."

"The tech, eh?" The guard asks. "Seems everybody 'round here's taken an interest in her."

He shrugs, and unlocks the door. "Third level, at the end."

Amaryllis nods. "Thanks."

After you enter, the guard shuts the door, and you hear it lock behind you.

The hallway you have entered is dimly lit by torches set in sconces in the wall. Cells line the walls, thin walls between each, each covered from the front with bars. Some of these are occupied, those inside sleeping or lounging about. They seem to take little interest in you.

There are surprisingly few cells here. After only passing by ten cells on either side, you come to a stairwell that heads downward. The next lower level is similar to the first; however, it is slightly less well-kept, and there are fewer occupants of the cells. This hallway ends in a stairwell as well, and descending, you find yourself in a short hallway consisting of only four cells on a side. At the end of this hallway is a wooden door.

The illumination here is quite poor. However, you can make out a sleeping form in the cell nearest the staircase on the right. Judging by the occupant's hair and clothing, you're pretty certain it's Tori'shel.

"This seems too easy..." Amaryllis says quietly, uneasily.

Remove ads