The Psionicle: Animus' Quest

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Amaryllis shrugs. "If he does, I don't know it. All I know is that he's very good at what he does; very professional, and all that."

Creamsteak

Explorer
"That sounds like an interesting character. It'll be interesting when I meet him."

again...

Klavya... that was the name I heard from the ship's captain...

"Have you ever heard of a man named Klavya? A Githyanki. Or of another, by the name of Rathequar?"

Animus then ponders Jirlai's words about only having a few days to search for me in the city before they would depart...

Then he considers the name Shrinlak, that was given to him by Rathequar. He decides to keep that one to himself.

"One last question, when you hear the words, 'Council's Tower', what does that refer to? What is that place like?"

(I'm going to have Animus rest for another day.)

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Animus
"That sounds like an interesting character. It'll be interesting when I meet him."

"Interesting isn't a word I'd use to describe him." Amaryllis says with a shrug.

Animus
"Have you ever heard of a man named Klavya? A Githyanki. Or of another, by the name of Rathequar?"

"Klavya..." Amaryllis pauses. "No, I haven't heard that one before. Or Ratheqar."

Animus
"One last question, when you hear the words, 'Council's Tower', what does that refer to? What is that place like?"

"Well, the Council's Tower is at the center of Koltir; all the main streets head to it." Amaryllis says. "It's the biggest tower in the city. It's where all the government is focused. It goes underground, too, and I guess that part's the prison. Why do you ask?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Well, let's just say I've been paying very particular attention to everything I hear. I'm going to have to break someone out of jail, and figuring out how to do that is the toughest thing. I imagine that if I can find a way to both help you, and accomplish my goal it would help me with respect to paying you back."

"If I get to my full strength, there is a very good chance that I could beat that goblin if I ambushed him. I'm almost certain that if I had a good light weapon that I could use, I could handle him. Perhaps even capture him and see if I can get his skills to work in my favor."

"Would it make your situation better or worse if that happened? What I mean is, would it interfere with your business or help you if he were to be killed, or at least captured?"

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Animus
"Would it make your situation better or worse if that happened? What I mean is, would it interfere with your business or help you if he were to be killed, or at least captured?"

"Well..." Amaryllis sighs, then takes a seat on the chair.

"It's not that simple. If they find out that I was involved in Larkalth being taken out, they'd assume that I've been cheating and that he came after me... at which point they'll just send somebody else after me."

"But... I've been waiting for a chance to get out of town." She says quietly. "The games here are great and all, but the atmosphere has gotten a little stifling, I guess. Everybody's watching me, waiting for me to mess up; I've got no real friends here. But I haven't been able to bring myself to get out of town... nowhere to go, and all that."

"And it sounds like you could use my help. So maybe I should help you out in rescuing this person you're after from the prison, and then we all skip town, as a group? I think that'd be best for everybody. You get help in doing the impossible, and I get out of town."

Creamsteak

Explorer
"You wouldn't want to do that. Larkalth is nothing compared to the enemies you'd make. Githyanki, Sorcerers, Illithids. Worse. Skipping town would be almost impossible, sure this is a large city, but if I succeed, I imagine they would be angry."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Amaryllis smiles. "I'm a gambler, remember? Life's gotten pretty dull with just playing card games. I think a big adventure'd be fun - what's life without a little excitement?"

"Besides, do you really want to succeed? You just gave me three reasons why I shouldn't help you, aside from Larkalth, because there's so much danger. If it'd be so dangerous for me, what makes you think it won't be for you? Don't you think it'd be better if you had some help, somebody to watch your back?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
"I know it will be dangerous for me. But, my life doesn't have much worth if I can't do this. My life doesn't have much worth if I can't do something for others."

"If you think you are going to watch my back, then you will want to stay in the shadows."

Animus waits a minute before continuing. He ponders the probability of this working, but his chances are certainly better now.

"I'm still weak. I need to recover still, and to formulate a concret plan. If you think of anything, just tell me. You likely know more about what needs to be done than myself, but if we can pull this off... well... if we pull this off I don't know if I'll ever be able to repay you."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Animus
"I know it will be dangerous for me. But, my life doesn't have much worth if I can't do this. My life doesn't have much worth if I can't do something for others."

"But it won't have much worth if you just throw it away." The young elf says quietly. "If you really want to help the one you want to rescue, then you should try to have as good a chance for success as possible. Refusing someone else's help doesn't do that."

Animus
"If you think you are going to watch my back, then you will want to stay in the shadows."

Amaryllis smiles, but says nothing.

Animus
"I'm still weak. I need to recover still, and to formulate a concret plan. If you think of anything, just tell me. You likely know more about what needs to be done than myself, but if we can pull this off... well... if we pull this off I don't know if I'll ever be able to repay you."

"Well, we'll have to do this by night." She says. "That place is almost always well-guarded, but the guards aren't very good - if you have a decent reason to get in, they'll let you pass, at least through the entrance. I don't know much about the prison, though. Never had much reason to go there."

"As for paying me back... let's just say that you letting me tag along is payment enough." She smiles.

Remove ads