The Psionicle: Animus' Quest

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Finding the room the pair is in is just as easy as they said it was.

"Good of you to join us." Jirlai says as you enter the cramped room. It is similar in size to the captain's cabin, though not nearly as ornate. Four small chairs surround a small table; beyond that, the only other furnishing in the room is a small cupboard attached to the wall.

"This place is as secure as it will get." Jirlai whispers. "So let us discuss now. Your only time for escape will be in the airdocks. The ones at Koltir are large enough that our losing you will sound plausible. However, Ratheqar is planning on meeting us there, which means that you will need to run, and quickly. Beyond that... I have no idea where the girl is being held. You'll have to find that out for yourself."

Creamsteak

Explorer
Animus will spend two power points to activate the mindlink with both Luna and Jirlai.

"I will need to rest then. Meditation will enable me to unlock the necessary reserves for such an escape."

Animus waits for a second while he tries to figure out what to say next, "How high are the airdocks you suppose? Or would you know? I heard rumor that the goblin onboard may know a bit about that city..."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Animus
"I will need to rest then. Meditation will enable me to unlock the necessary reserves for such an escape."

"Then do so." Jirlai says. "As I said before, we will be in Koltir around nightfall."

Animus
"How high are the airdocks you suppose? Or would you know? I heard rumor that the goblin onboard may know a bit about that city..."

"I imagine they wouldn't be that large." Jirlai says, thinking. "I myself haven't seen them before. Remember that we are in the heart of psionic lands... I doubt very much that much technology would be tolerated, and though the airdocks themselves aren't very advanced, the progress they represent is. As for the goblin knowing more about Koltir - it's possible, even probable. A captain of a vessel like this wouldn't do well flying into airdocks she doesn't know, especially in Kahasal."

Creamsteak

Explorer
"How much... control does the Githyanki exert over the rest of the city? Is he well known there, and could he easily force his way on local authority? And do you have any idea at least of possible holes he could have placed the girl in? His own dungeon? The local prisons? Something of the sort?"

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Jirlai smirks slightly. "Control over the city? So far as I know, he has no control over the city or the authorities. As for where the girl is... any of those is possible, though I doubt that she would be in a local prison. She seems relatively important to either him or who he works for, so I imagine he'd keep her relatively close."

Creamsteak

Explorer
"I don't see how that could be possible. You know as well as I do that she's my..." he closes off his link with Luna and then asks, "sister. Why would they want her? Well... I assume you don't know. I will also guess that I should avoid telling you of my plans any further. I thank you much for this opportunity, and I will make myself scarce before we arrive in the city. I hope that you can guarantee this ship will not be investigated during it's trip, and hopefully in port."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Jirlai nods. "Well, we probably won't be searched while in flight, but once at the airdocks... I can't make any guarantees."

"It is a good idea to not tell us your plans." Jirlai says. "But I have to ask one question: did we take you captive, or not? Ratheqar will want to know how things went, and - while I don't want to know what your plans are - we need to know that much."

Creamsteak

Explorer
"If you say you take me captive, the crew may very well contradict you on that matter if they are questioned. If you say you do not... well what would you say then?

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"That you all managed to elude us." Jirlai says with a shrug. "Cara'nor is a moderately large city, after all. We had no idea how long it would take you to get there, and - assuming you were walking or going by horse - we would only have a few days to search the city for you. If we happened to start a thorough search on the wrong end of town, we would miss you completely."

Creamsteak

Explorer
Animus frowns a bit. He thinks about how badly planned this move is, he never should have tarried with the sorcerer. "The only way I don't die from this, is if they choose to let me live. What mistakes I've made... all vieing for something I'm not yet ready to reconcile."

Animus then uses his link to state, "So, is there anything else then, Jirlai? I'd like to go speak with a goblin, and then begin my cycle of meditation and rest."

Remove ads