The Psionicle, Part XI

Sigh, seems we need to take a rest before continueing. Some are falling asleep at the table... I suggest we head to our rooms. I'll put Jansson to bed.

Ruth gathers her stuff, picks up Jansson and carries him to his room.

Jarval

Explorer
"Hummm?" Jansson jolts awake as Ruth lifts him from his stool.

"Gods, sorry about that." He smiles, looking slightly embarrassed. "It must have been the flight. A good night's sleep can't hurt any of us though."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
As you sit and converse, the door swings open violently, a cold gust bringing in a small amount of snow that sweeps across the floor in a flurry. Two figures - one tall, one quite short - enter, donned in heavy cloaks.

"Close th' damn door, yer lettin' in all the cold!" The innkeep bellows, though with the hint of a smile on his face.

The pair manage to shut the door, and then flip back the hoods of their cloaks. One is plainly elven, and the other a halfling. The elf, a woman, has fair skin, black hair, and green eyes; her companion, a halfling, also has very fair skin, blonde hair, and brown eyes.

"Fee'ann, Llerith." The innkeep says by way of greeting. "How's she goin'?"

Thanee

First Post
Fee'ann

“Greetings, master innkeeper.”

With a smile on her thin lips, the woman, wrapped tightly in her thick black cloak undereath which only more dark shadows can be seen, approaches the man while flipping back the hood of her cloak, exposing her fine-featured face and pointed ears, which clearly show her elven heritage. White dots of snow dance across the black cloth, while it shifts with every agile movement of her slender figure, slowly dissolving into wet spots. Reaching back to her neck, the elf pulls out her wettish hair from under her cloak, which flows down along the length of her back. The black hair as dark as her cloak, only her fair-skinned face and neckline, the beautiful green eyes and a delicate silver headband contrast the darkness of her appearance.

“Can two simple wanderers expect a place near your hearthfire and a warm meal with some wine?”

While she speaks, a coin of glittering gold appears running back and forth along the back of her gloved hand, steered by the precise movements of her deft fingers. When she is finished, she tosses the gold coin towards the inkeeper with one fluent motion of her hand, a smirk playing around the corner of her mouth, eventually widening into a broad smile.

“It's good to be back.”

Eluvan

First Post
Llerith comes into the inn with a small smile on his face, feeling at peace with the world. He is hardy enough so that the weather does not affect him as adversely as it might, and he always has had a fondness for snow that is undampened even when there is far too much of it for it to reasonably called anything other than a danger and a nuisance. He is content to let his recent travelling companion do the talking, especially since he can think of very little to improve upon her suggestion of a warm meal and a glass of wine.

Instead, therefore, with a friendly nod and a smile to the innkeeper the halfling moves straight over to a chair by the fire, where he relieves himself of his heavy cloak and spreads it out carefully in front of the fire to dry. He then sits down and hopes that something hot and edible will arrive soon. As he sits back he notices the group clustered around a table and gives them, too, a friendly nod.

Jarval

Explorer
Jansson returns the halflings nod with one of his own and a friendly smile.

"Hello travellers, do you want to join us?" He asks.

"Can't hurt to hear from some people a bit more experienced with the Isle than us, can it?" He adds quietly to his companions.

Thanee

First Post
Fee'ann

Approaching the table, Fee'ann takes a quick look at the four sitting around it. A human woman, who is quite a bit taller and more powerfully built than herself and makes the impression of being martially trained, much like the halfling, who addressed them and who seemed rather sturdy himself. Then there were the two goblins, one male and one female. The necklace of the shorter goblin woman resembles a moon, she probably just likes its glitter. The human woman seems to have a similar taste of color as the other halfling, the one she met here earlier and with whom Fee'ann entered the inn together. The whole armament and equipment of the small group suggests, that they are not mere patrons and the halfling's invitation hinted at a recent arrival.

“My thanks for your hospitality. I am Fee'ann. Unfortunately, I cannot give you what you are looking for. Having arrived this morning only, and with the weather outside, there was not much to find out about this chilling place until now. I can hardly call myself experienced with this isle yet, but it looks interesting and promising, so much I can say. Maybe someone such as I can find a way to apply her skills here.”

Taking off her snow-soaked cloak to hang it up to dry and her black leather gloves, the elven woman reveals her slender and willowy figure as well as her equally dark and comfortable-looking traveling clothes underneath, also the finely crafted rapier hanging at the side of a broad belt around her hips and a small backpack, she was carrying, but has dropped on the ground next to her by now. Taking the belt off as well, she hangs it over the back of the chair, which she has chosen as a seat, before sitting down, her thoughts hidden behind a friendly smile.

Remove ads