• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "Rabid Wolverine" found dead

Nuclear Platypus

First Post
The WWE's been having a memorial episode for the "Canadian Crippler", Chris Benoit. He was found dead in his home along with his wife and son. Not much is known other than it wasn't a shooting.

Darth Shoju

First Post
Nuclear Platypus said:
The WWE's been having a memorial episode for the "Canadian Crippler", Chris Benoit. He was found dead in his home along with his wife and son. Not much is known other than it wasn't a shooting.

He was my absolute favourite wrestler of all time. I haven't followed wrestling in years, but I will always remember Benoit as a talented, hard-working athlete that brought great professionalism and dignity to an entertainment spectacle that often lacked both. He will be sorely missed.

:(

Bront

The man with the probe
Darth Shoju said:
He was my absolute favourite wrestler of all time. I haven't followed wrestling in years, but I will always remember Benoit as a talented, hard-working athlete that brought great professionalism and dignity to an entertainment spectacle that often lacked both. He will be sorely missed.

:(
Same feeling here. He sold, he worked hard, and was just a good everyman wrestler who was skilled at is craft.

I remember that he was close to Brett Hart and his family, and they did a memorial match for Owen back in their WCW days, that went so long they cut it with a comercial break, and it was still going when they got back.

horacethegrey

First Post
Completely shocked, stunned, and greatly saddened by this news. :(

Seriously, I didn't find out about this till a few minutes ago. To have such a great athlete and consummate professional like Chris Benoit just go away like that is shocking to say the least. That his family died as well just adds to the tragedy.

My interest in pro wrestling has waxed and waned over the years, but I've always admired Benoit whenever he stepped into the ring. His intensity, his in ring precision and his absolute fearlessness were a joy to watch. He was one of the few people to make wrestling an art form, much like Brett Hart did in his prime.

But really, a f***ing murder suicide?!! Benoit never struck me as someone who was on the fast track to self destruction. I always pegged him for a hard working regular kind of guy with a nice family. Now I know this is all still just speculation, since they're still investigating, but the very thought he would kill his own family and then himself is just... unthinkable. :(

Rest in Peace Rabid Wolverine. You will be missed.

AAGL205~Chris-Benoit-123-Applying-the-Sharpshooter-Photofile-Posters.jpg

green slime

First Post
Lots of eulogies for the dead wrestler. Very little for his dead son and wife. I find that kind of sad, really. The Fox news article barely mentions their names. Rest in Peace, Nancy & Daniel.

mcrow

Explorer
green slime said:
Lots of eulogies for the dead wrestler. Very little for his dead son and wife. I find that kind of sad, really. The Fox news article barely mentions their names. Rest in Peace, Nancy & Daniel.

Well, I don't think people are overlooking them it's just that Chris was in the puplic eye a lot more and people know his name.

Here's the story from thw WWE website:

According to lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope, of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department, in Fayetteville, Ga., the deaths of WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, wife Nancy and son Daniel were the result of a double murder-suicide, WWE.com has learned.

Benoit failed to appear both at Saturday’s live event in Beaumont, Tx., and WWE’s Vengeance: Night of Champions in Houston Sunday night, after informing WWE of a family emergency. Several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning prompted concerned friends to alert Richard Hering, VP of Government Relations for WWE, Inc. Hering, in turn, spoke with Fayette County sheriffs Monday, and requested that they respond to the Benoit residence to check on him and his family.

Authorities representing the Sheriff’s Department initially had a difficult time entering Benoit’s new Fayetteville home Monday afternoon, which had been guarded by two large German Shepherds roaming freely around the property. Once authorities entered the residence, they quickly located the bodies of Benoit, Nancy and Daniel. WWE was notified of the discovery at approximately 4 p.m.

At 10 p.m. Monday night, Lt. Pope held a press conference in conjunction with Scott Ballard, the district attorney for Fayette County. The press conference officially ruled authorities’ findings as a double murder-suicide from within the home.

WAGA, a FOX-owned and operated television station in Atlanta, reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son over the weekend, then himself on Monday.

The three bodies have been received by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s crime lab, in Decatur, Ga., where autopsies will be performed Tuesday morning. Toxicology reports will not become available for at least two weeks.

WWE.com has further information relating to both the investigation and the cause of death, but the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department has requested that WWE.com not release any additional details at this time.

I can remember watching him when I was in my teens, back in the days of the NWA and WCW. Seemed like a really great guy. Too bad that whatever his troubles were went so far that it cause the loss of 3 lives.

Last edited:

Remove ads