The Rerisen Tower(DM: Iron Sky, Judge: ScorpiusRisk)

Mewness

First Post
Before heading down to check out the basement, Livia asks the survivor whether, during any of the attacks, he has seen the mysterious figure that she's caught a few glimpses of here and there. She describes this person—the one she saw standing in camp the first night.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
"Dark and shadowy? No, the one that leads the attacks wears armor and has a black blade. He cut up Jinsen and Katty with it when they tried to take him on. The dead around him seem... stronger, harder to kill. Not long now 'till you get to meet him in person." The man giggles and glances towards the forest. "Should we signal this ship or what. I want to know whether I'm dying running, fighting, or sailing... or some combination of those."

GM: I would like to know what your plan is, because I have a certain mechanic I like to use for situations like this, but I can't implement it until I know what you are doing.

OOC: If you don't have wishlists on your wikia character sheets, you might want to add them in case you guys survive the adventure :p and I need to know what items you are looking for. Otherwise, I'll be guessing.

Luinnar

First Post
This one thinks the best way is to stand and fight. Kaz says, unsure if there is really a boat.

OOC: Will add the wish list when I get the chance. :)

Xeterog

Explorer
Yea, if they are going to be here soon, seems best to stand and fight now..make what preparations we can and hope to survive the attack. If we survive, we'll have at least an hour to make a run for the ship.

OOC: 1st level..no magic items yet. So, just about anything is better than what I have now.

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: Rough, I spent 30 minutes typing up the next post last night and is seems to have not gone through. :eek: *Sigh* retyping it now.

The group, having decided to hold the tower, sets about making themselves as ready as possible before the attack comes.

GM: Select one of the following options. If you wish, you can attempt one of the associated skill checks in an attempt to increase the effect(DC 18) of your selection, but failure will instead decrease the effect. Multiple people can select the same option, but additional uses will have reduced effect.

[sblock=Set traps in the forest]You set all sorts of snares and traps to slow down the dead as they come through the forest. Associated skills: Nature, Arcana, Thievery, Stealth.[/sblock]

[sblock=Repair the palisade]You patch up the palisade, sharpening stakes and reinforcing it where it has been weakened. Associated skills: Athletics, Endurance, Nature.[/sblock]

[sblock=Repair the tower doors]You replace the main door, fix the broken door to the sub-level, and repair the trapdoor leading to the third level. Athletics, Endurance, Dungeoneering.[/sblock]

[sblock=Explore the sub-level]You search the tunnel below the tower, finding
it contains a shaft with a winch-operated lift that goes straight down to the docks. You raise the lift and figure it will hold five or six people at most, then press on through the tunnel to outside. Beyond is a series of switch-backs leading down the cliff towards the docks that also branch off into the woods away from where the dead are coming from, giving you retreat options forest-wards or ocean-wards (assuming you have a ship to flee to).
(only look at spoiler tags if you pick this one, maybe a bit late, but...) Associated skills: Athletics, Perception, Acrobatics, Nature.[/sblock]

[sblock=Scavenge weapons and armor for the craftsmen]You find discarded weapons and armor for the craftsmen. Associated skills: Perception, Insight, Streetwise.[/sblock]

[sblock=Ready the craftsmen for combat]You give the craftsmen basic combat training and prepare them for what is coming the best you can. Associated skills: Diplomacy, Intimidate, Insight, Religion.[/sblock]

[sblock=Rest and prepare yourself for combat]You train with your weapons briefly before resting and awaiting what's coming. Associated skills: None.[/sblock]

[sblock=Raise everyone's morale]You help lighten people's spirits, perhaps with prayer, speeches, or hardening them against the horrors to come: Associated skills: Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Religion.[/sblock]

[sblock=Try to get information out of the crazy soldier]You try to learn more about the madman, stabilize him, and learn what he knows about the dead. Associated skills: Bluff, Diplomacy, Insight.[/sblock]

[sblock=Light a beacon to signal the ship]You head to the top of the tower to create a beacon that will signal the ship. Associated skills: Nature, Perception.[/sblock]

[sblock=Read more of the journal]You read the journal to get as much information from it as you can before the dead arrive. Associated skills: History, Insight.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Xeterog

Explorer
Fredrock looks around the tower, sizing up the situation. I think I could shore up the palisade some before the attack. That might slow them down a bit.. He then sets his shield aside and begins working on the Palisades.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Eithal scrambles down to the ground floor and sets to work, "The dowah's browke." She looks around for something with which to improvise. Grabbing an overturned table, she rights it and shaves the corners with her axe, "Thayah. Thayat owttah dew." When the rest of the group returns from digging traps and shoring up the palisades, she shoves the carefully fashioned "door" into the doorway and braces it with pieces of the bench. Then she proceeds to pile anything and everything of significant mass behind the doorway

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
Livia heads back out into the forest to look for probable routes that the dead might use. She sets a few traps in likely places; these may be enough to give the tower defenders good warning, even if they do little harm.

[sblock=roll]stealth 1d20+11=20[/sblock]

Remove ads