The Retaking of Forgehold - 4E

Vargo

First Post
Atanatotatos said:
I have been hesitating to ask you, sir Telsayn, does the...handling of your...er...glorious...breathing...have an Arcane nature, perhaps?
"No more than the slime that crawls out of your throat when you've had a bit too much to drink yourself. Of course, as I understand it, you don't enjoy it quite as much. I understand that the sensation would be somewhat comparable to expectorating in your species. Would you like to make a close examination of the process?"

Telsayn grins a toothsome smile towards Atantotatos... And heads for the bar.

Shalimar

First Post
"It was my brother's room. How was I suppoused to know there was anyone in there but him?" Mira asks innocently. "Besides, I did knock." the blonde adds cheerfully.

Mira follows the group along to the inn, wondering idly if it was even possible for a Unicorn to be debauched. "Hey, Ardon, can Unicorns be debauched? And what do you mean there is much more in the city? Do you mean like bugbears? Thats such a cute name...I wonder who gave them such a cuddly name?"

Atanatotatos

First Post
Arden hastily takes note of the dragonborn's clarification, the turns to Mira and answers scholarly: Regarding the menace lying beneath the surface of Forgehold, it may well be a myth, though the dwarves are proud people indeed, and for them to abandon such a great and glorious city, the nature of the thing, while mysterious, would be undoubtedly malicious.
On the other hand, speaking of unicorns, according to my knowledge of things natural, there seem to have been, in the past, a few...rather distasteful attempts to get past the beasts' natural resistance to being mounted by anyone but elven maidens. Although I know not of success by means alcoholic...

Velmont

First Post
"Farmer Malenkirk." tells Wolfheart, staring a moment at the warrior. "If you can keep the live of a farmer for a whole month, I'll become your helper for a whole year. But I don't think you can stand that, you are not that kind of man."

He then see Mal heading toward the tavern. He hears Arden and Mira talking about unicrons and just ignore the discussion and turn toward Angel. "Come on, let's follow Mal. I offer you the first pint."

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
You and your companions approach the Debauched Unicorn. The "artwork" on the sign leaves no doubt as to the intent of the artists interpretation, but the poor execution thankfully serves to dull the offense a sensitive person might feel.

It is approaching dinnertime as you approach the Inn. Sounds of a badly tuned lute and an off-rhythm frame drum drift out of the open windows, and surprisingly enough from the general run-down appearance of the place, the aroma of the food that hits you noses is very appetizing.

As you enter the door, jostling against some patrons on the way in, you see a fairly cosmopolitan collection of people of various races sitting at tables and a large semi-circular bar along the back wall. There are also some booths along the walls. It is a surprisingly large room. There is a large fireplace, with a small fire burning, a staircase leading up next to the bar, a door behind the bar. The right wall has a small door in the direction of the nearby stable, and a small stage platform is on the front right corner.

The people you notice on an immediate look around the room are the tall, gaunt man behind the bar, turned away from you right now arranging the containers behind him, and the two musicians, a half-elf and a half-orc, who seem to be drawing not a few jeers from the crowd.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Mal looks around and sigh.

-''Damn it. If you are gonna be posting your offer on city walls, might as well make yourself obvious with a booth or something.'' he mutters.

Then he walks straight to the bartender and waves the flyer he took from the wall.

-''Hey, you, I'm looking for the man called Dagron. Can you tell me where he is?'' has asks bluntly and loudly enough for anyone paying attention to hear.

OOC : Out of curiosity, Mal takes a perception check to see if anyone perks up unduly at Mal's interrogation. Even In the off chance that there are people keeping tab on Dagron, there's not much point being discreet since he outright posted flyers on the wall. Still, no reason not to try and see wether or not anyone else seems interested in this recruitment drive.

Perception check (1d20+2=21)

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
Mira follows her brother up to the bar suspiciously, he had some money, and she wanted to make sure he didn't use up the last of it on the beer, or on ladies of...of a less than savory nature, not that he was any prize you understand, but it might hurt Angel's feelings, and she definitely liked the woman.

"Be polite,"
she admonishes her brother, slapping him lightly on the belly as she hops up on a stool. "We are looking for Dagron to take him up on his offer. Did he leave any instructions for the people who arrive looking for him?" the teen asks much more pleasantly than her brother had.

Remove ads