• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Retaking of Forgehold - 4E

Atanatotatos

First Post
OOC: I agree with getting going, but maybe we want to straighten up the talk with the warden? Arden is going to leave the decision to the more "leaderly" characters, so he just reports his impression to Aelek in a discreet way.

Velmont

First Post
Wolfheart nods at Arden "Perfect Lord Warden" he tells to there employeer. "We agree to do it. We will just need a paper with your signature about the reward we should have, or gives us a copy of the council official announcement about the rewards and we are on our way.

It's just a formal matter. We are professional sellswords and we do it a professional way and we garantee a professional outcome."
he tells, not sure what a professional outcome could looks like.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Good time for a bad roll... Diplomacy check: 1d20+11 = 13[/SBLOCK]

Vargo

First Post
To the party, privately: "The way I see it, the caravan can leave when we retrieve the materials - taking the Kobolds tomorrow morning won't delay the caravan two weeks. It probably is best to wait until all of us can see properly."

To the warden: "Sir Warden, I have heard from different sources that the reward for clearing the Kobolds is quite different from what you offered. I understand your enthusiasm for removing the threat, but I also must hold you to your word if this is it. If our group were to return and find that your word is not true, I think I speak for all of us when I say it would not be a happy discovery."

Diplomacy check (1d20+5(trained)+4(CHA)+1(There's a Half-Elf in the neighborhood)=20)

(And in doing this I realized this is more likely an Intimidate check than a Diplomacy check...)

Intimidate check (1d20+5(trained)+4(CHA)+2(Dragonborn)=27)

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
The Lord Warden says, "Okay, you're right, the full reward could be higher than that. I don't like wasting money an d I thought we could motivate you for less. Seeing as how you are taking a risk in lieu of my men, you deserve the full 10gp per kobold and 100gp for proof of their complete demise. Our accountants of course need proof of the numbers of kobolds. Use your own discretion on the proof, but don't expect them to give you the benefit if their is any doubt."

Vargo

First Post
"A wise decision. Ears, I think, would be sufficiently distinctive yet portable enough, and unlikely for us to come across without having first detached their head from their shoulders. Will that work for your accountants?."

OOC: [sblock]Huh, I can't argue with that. I think a "professional outcome" is pretty much "a necklace adorned with Kobold ears and a skull facemask".[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"I hope it is not an habit in these kobolds to cut the ears of the weak ones in the clan." tells Wolfheart, more satisfied by the agreement. "So, what do you know about these kobolds? How many caravan they have attack? Do you know there numbers? And where is Cadorna Manor and what looks like his surrounding?"

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"Cadorna Manor is southeast of Fallcrest, about 15 miles away. It's mostly just rubble now, located in an overgrown forest. If you travel east about 10 miles there is an old path leading south from the Old Kings Road."

"We don't know how many there are, and this is the first time they've been brazen enough to attack a full caravan. What little info we had said they were 2-3 small tribal groups that vies with eachother for control."

[sblock=OOC DC 10 Dungeoneering Check]Kobolds don't have ears.[/sblock]

Vargo

First Post
Charwoman Gene said:
"I'm not a rube, traveler. It is either right ears, left ears, or 5 gold per ear."
"Nor would I insult you by assuming so. I find that it is best to be honest and straightforward in my dealings, and don't game the system as long as the system doesn't try to game me."

DM OOC:[sblock]Cadorna manor? Ever play Pool of Radiance?[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads