• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The road to Vrux.

RillianPA

First Post
[ooc: you didnt actually say if Morrison believed the guy, but I am gonna assume he does.]

"Very well. Understand that the five of us are a special team sent by the Church of Fharlanghn to investigate banditry and other problems along the roads to this town. We have discovered that someone is using a nasty concoction of herbs, baked into the local bread to control the townsfolk. We arrived in town this afternoon, without announcing ourselves, so that we could investigate, but have clearly been found out, as they have already sent assassins after us.

Rell and I visited the baker, and I believe he is being coerced, but I am not sure. Clearly they know we are here, and one of the assassins escaped, so we cannot remain in town. I think that before we leave town tonight, we should have a talk with the baker, maybe he can help us. What do you think?"

Scotley

Hero
Rell Half-Giant Soul Knife

"I think we should see the baker and make good our escape. I don't think it will take long for the assassin's to regroup."

Mithran

First Post
Calondor (half-elf bard)

"Alright escape. To what purpose should we speak with the baker?." Calondor falls silent and seems to be thinking things over.

OOC: I'm assuming we've gone up stairs now?.

DarkMaster

First Post
OOC yes you are upstairs in Makas room.

Utrolac, listen carefully as Morrison explains the situation. "Now I understand why I can't get that bread out of my mind. Morrison how adictive do you think this thing is.

Fror looks at the others and says "Whatever you decides I will follow, I am a bit like the merchant here, don't feel too confortable staying on my own in this town. He turns towards the merchant and asks. "Do you know anything more about those witches."

"Well.. not much more, they were defeated in my country a few century ago by the King at the time in the northern part of the country and that they were worshipping a stange evil godess. Again these are legends and I can't really tell what is true from what isn't"

Fror seems interested by the story and a bit dissapointed by the inhability of the merchant to satisfy his curiosity.

Outside the sun is slowly starting to go down. We are still at the begining of spring and days are still short. It's around 6h30 now.

Legildur

First Post
Makas screws his face up in heavy thought. "But the witch downstairs warned us in a friendly way to leave while we could? Why would she do that to help us out? Or is it just a ploy to be rid of us without having to kill us?"

Scotley

Hero
Rell Half-Giant Soul Knife

Rell moves to a window to keep an eye on the street and more importantly anyone coming or going from the inn. He shakes his head at the mess they have gotten themselves in. He listens carefully to the others comments, but adds nothing at this point.

RillianPA

First Post
"This whole scheme hinges on the baker's ability to produce the addictive bread. He must know who at least some of the ringleaders are, and his testimony would be the proof we need. In fact, it might be best if we take him with us."

Mithran

First Post
Calondor (half-elf bard)

Calondor nods "I suppose. But we are going to have to get out of town without being seen if we take this baker fellow with us. Whoever we are dealing with isn't going to want him running out on their plans."

Legildur

First Post
Makas shakes his head slowly. "That sounds mightily like kidnappin' ta me," he says. "That's a sure way to end up with a noose aroun' ye neck."

"I'll happily lend my axe if the baker is willin' to leave of his own accord, but I'll not be party to abduction."

Mithran

First Post
Calondor (half-elf bard)

Calondor opens his mouth then closes it again waits a moment and says "Who said anything about abduction?. Whoever we are dealing with will not want the baker to leave even if he is willing. They will, most likely try to kill us and this is why I said we'd have to get out of town perferably without being seen."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads