The Rod of Seven Parts: Kauai Team OOC

For some reason yesterday when I read the original question, I misread the wording and took it to mean that you were asking if there were more creatures. :uhoh:

To answer your question about stalactites, yes. The last half of the tunnel down which you all walked to get to the crystal cavern was littered with small stalactites on the ceiling.

Voadam

Legend
We've got 3/5 spellcasters who need solid 8 hours sleep by RAW, though I don't need it right now because I haven't cast any spells.

Neither Voadam nor Gamad have taken a familiar yet, and Maelicent and Voadam are too low level as rangers to get animal companions so no guard animals. I wonder if Gamad could get a little Modron as his familiar right now based on the amount of law influencing him. :)

I would suggest Gamad take first watch, then Brakkus, Maelicent, Voadam, and Chev, for watches this night. Eight hours between end of Gamad's and end of Chev's watch.

SlagMortar

First Post
The proposed watch order if fine by me. Note that clerics do not need 8 hours of rest to recover spells. They just need an hour at the right time of day.
SRD said:
Clerics meditate or pray for their spells. Each cleric must choose a time at which he must spend 1 hour each day in quiet contemplation or supplication to regain his daily allotment of spells. Time spent resting has no effect on whether a cleric can prepare spells. A cleric may prepare and cast any spell on the cleric spell list, provided that he can cast spells of that level, but he must choose which spells to prepare during his daily meditation.

I'm home all day today with not much to do other than sporadic household chores sprinkled with visits to EN World, so don't be shy about posting (here or in the IC) because I'll be around to reply.

Thank goodness, swimming lessons for my kids finally ended yesterday afternoon. Daily swim lessons for ten days with little kids is pretty tiring. For them and the parent who attends. :\ Considering the ocean is literally right there out my door, I have no idea why we even bother with lessons at the pool

Ambrus

Explorer
The watch is fine by me, though Mael would like to make a round trip to the initial battle sight to collect some al'miraj meat and firewood first; how long would that take? BTW, if a typical torch lasts an hour, how many of Voadam's torches did he use up and does he have any left?

A trip to the al-miraj battle sight? In the dark in a cursed wood with haunts, spooks, and cunningly malicious trees? It'd be pretty short, maybe just a quick two minutes. :uhoh:

Being serious for a moment, that depends of what percentile I roll for the walk. Could be literally a few minutes, could be hours, or you could get lost in the forest. Voadam's first torch would have guttered shortly after arriving. If he wanted another torch on the walk back, he would've needed to light another one. The second torch would've guttered out 20 minutes before regaining the cave. Voadam took four torches from Mazzel's chest.

Ambrus

Explorer
That forest is Maelicent's home; he is one of the spooks haunting the place. He's spent the better part of every night for the past six months out in it without any significant problems. It'd be strange for him to suddenly start acting like it was scary, dangerous or unfamiliar to him.

As to getting lost, Mael knows to follow the curtain walls back and forth rather than trust the trails to stay put. The guy's survival skill has to be good for something. I'm not certain what your percentile roll is supposed to be for.

Remove ads