The Rod of Seven Parts: Kauai Team OOC

The crystal cavern is bare of stalactites, yes. The original passageway that you guys had traversed to get down here was rock, as have been the other caverns in this network of caves that Maelicent is currently exploring. The piercers have been hiding amidst the rocky terrain in the tunnels with natural stalactites. They've come as far as the entrance to the crystal cavern but have not ventured in.

Gads, Ambrus now I understand why you've been so upset! All this time, you've been thinking of the rock formation on the western side of the crystal cavern as a pillar while (per the module) the crystal cavern covers A-D squares 1-3 and ends at the "pillar." The rest of the map is rock and stone.

Geez. :uhoh: Sorry. It never occured to me that anyone would imagine things otherwise. Maybe I'll start labeling rooms to avoid future obscurity.

Attachments

• Spelunking_1.1a.JPG
    Spelunking_1.1a.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 39

Ambrus

Explorer
You're right, I did misinterpret the size of the crystal cavern; I assumed that the crystal cavern you were describing encompassed the whole area pictured in your initial map. I'm afraid though that the part that really confused me was how the two piercers managed to hide on the crystal cavern ceiling overtop of E2 if that part of the cave is devoid of stalactites.

Ah so. I had included as much as I did because I estimated (with his darkvision) that it was what Maelicent could see from where he was standing, not because all of it was crystal. That you thought it was all crystal makes perfect sense though.

As for E2 vice E3, I'm not sure how we got crossed up on that. :\ Likely I made an error.

Voadam

Legend
CanadienneBacon said:
You askin' me or Ambrus? :]

Since you control the piercers . . . :)

And since I can see in the light of the torch I'm carrying I figure I would notice as well. Besides, Maelicent only has one more rank in spot than Voadam does, (though the wisdom difference hurts).

Remove ads