• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Rod of Seven Parts: Kauai Team OOC

Ambrus

Explorer
Did you ever order pizza and then have a neighbor waylay the delivery guy and claim the food as his? That's what this thing reminds me of. ;)

BTW, is this critter skeletal or more zombie-like?

Ambrus

Explorer
I'm assuming that sapling in E19 isn't large enough to keep Mael from entering that space. Please let me know if I'm in error.

I forgot to amend the latest map with Maelicent's change in position, but since you're asking about E19 maybe my forgetting is a good thing. The tree in E19 is actually a young tree more than it is a sapling (but I'm fine with continuing to use sapling in the IC as descriptive text). Sharing its square isn't feasible, but I do understand that Maelicent's going for cover and will provide it to him if he stands in E20, which is where he is now. He'll be able to hide and take cover and snipe, getting to do all the things you've declared for him. Another square that may appeal might be D19.

Looking at the map, I think the square he's in right now (E20) is actually a pretty good one. I'll gladly amend the map to have him move elsewhere if you'd rather.

Ambrus

Explorer
Yeesh. With their DR and Mael's piercing arrows it would take him forever to deal enough damage to all three rats to bring them down; somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 rounds or so. If this were tabletop I'd probably go ahead and try fighting the rats, but I don't feel like spending the next week and a half playing through it here. :\

Ah well, sometimes you win and sometimes you just gotta slink away to fight later. ;)

I'm somewhat surprised Maelicent didn't dart forward, snatch up the nearest al-mi'raj, then haul tail back to the cave. Still, I can also appreciate not wanting to draw the attention of a pack of skeletal rats.

Ambrus

Explorer
That's up to you I guess; whether it's obvious to an observer that firing arrows through a skeleton's negative space is largely innefective. I don't mean to metagame. By all means, if you want I'll edit my last post and start firing away. He can learn it the hard way. :)

If Mal fires an arrow, the creatures will know he's there and he will then lose the advantage he currently has. If you did just go edit that he fires an arrow, you may want to reconsider and re-edit if you'd rather he doesn't fire so that he can continue with the original plan of stalking away into the night.

I'm not going to insist that you edit anything. Nor will I think badly of you if you decide to not have him fire. Three large unusual-looking rats could rightly be considered a valid reason to go look elsewhere for take-out.

Remove ads