The Rod of Seven Parts: Kauai Team OOC

Voadam

Legend
I'm really kicking myself for staying in the gem magic room while one had a widening crack and emanated a bone jarring vibration that increased to the point where ceiling fixtures were shaking. Oh well, not dead yet so live and hopefully learn. :)

Ambrus

Explorer
Voadam said:
I'm really kicking myself for staying in the gem magic room while one had a widening crack and emanated a bone jarring vibration that increased to the point where ceiling fixtures were shaking.
Don't be so hard on yourself. All the giant-folk made the same mistake. ;)

Voadam

Legend
Is there a stone cracking sound that I missed outside of the grinding of the gears and door mechanism?

Stymied by a door, if the Rod doesn't work in opening it (or in pointing to the croc's stomach) I say we go with Chev's plan.

Sometimes I just hit walls with obstacles or puzzles like this in games. The only other thing I can think of would be prying out the stone or erasing the rune, but those didn't open the east door so I don't think they will work here.

Voadam

Legend
It recently hit me that being a wizard with a bunch of darts and no crossbow for when I run out of spells I could fit right in as a stock 1e/2e magic-user. Voadam, a retro character for an old edition module :)

Voadam said:
Is there a stone cracking sound that I missed outside of the grinding of the gears and door mechanism?
I'm not sure I get what you're asking, but I'll attempt an answer. If you don't feel you've gotten an adequate reply, let me know. No, there wasn't a stone cracking sound that accompanied or was otherwise heard by anyone else in the room when the grinding of the gears began. There was no stone cracking sound that was heard when Voadam examined the southern doors.

Voadam

Legend
CanadienneBacon said:
I'm not sure I get what you're asking, but I'll attempt an answer. If you don't feel you've gotten an adequate reply, let me know. No, there wasn't a stone cracking sound that accompanied or was otherwise heard by anyone else in the room when the grinding of the gears began. There was no stone cracking sound that was heard when Voadam examined the southern doors.

I just wanted to make sure after Gamad's comments about earth cracking noises that I wasn't missing anything obvious when I disregarded his prophecy of doom. :)

Voadam said:
I just wanted to make sure after Gamad's comments about earth cracking noises that I wasn't missing anything obvious when I disregarded his prophecy of doom. :)

What Gamad meant about the cracking are “the grinding of the gears”
For him its sounds like the walls are going to move and fall on top of your heads.
Beside it, don’t forget the Gamad cannot see the room, he lies somewhere and leans BADLY INJURED on the croc’s body.
I wonder why no one helps him despite his pleas for help. :uhoh:

Voadam

Legend
Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
What Gamad meant about the cracking are “the grinding of the gears”
For him its sounds like the walls are going to move and fall on top of your heads.
Beside it, don’t forget the Gamad cannot see the room, he lies somewhere and leans BADLY INJURED on the croc’s body.
I wonder why no one helps him despite his pleas for help. :uhoh:

We need to save the cleric spells to get us through the door if the next segment is not in the croc stomach and the rod doesn't open the doors. Voadam took as much damage as you but he's using his limited resource magics to heal you and not himself. So suck it up dwarf :)

Remove ads