• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Rod of Seven Parts: Kauai Team OOC

Dire Lemming

First Post
Good grief, call me an idiot but I never bothered looking at this thread before. I'd love to play in your campaign setting again CB, if you ever need another player. I promise I won't play a fighter with an aversion to killing this time! Actually, I have no idea what this game is about except that it's in your homebrew setting... hm. :heh: I usually read the IC thread before I post in the OOC thread.

Hm, Hellenic, language of barbarians... lol. :D

Dire Lemming said:
Actually, I have no idea what this game is about except that it's in your homebrew setting... hm. :heh: I usually read the IC thread before I post in the OOC thread.
The adventure is from the 2nd edition boxed set, The Rod of Seven Parts. The concept behind the adventure supposes a giant octopus-like betentacled demon queen from the Abyss who sends her minions into the material prime to retrieve a rod, broken into seven parts and scattered throughout the prime. In true old school style, the whole of it is actually very railroady and full of the worst cliches and dramatizations. I'm attempting to alter enough of the game progession here and there to make it less predictable but, IMO, it hasn't turned out to be the tour de force that I'd wanted. Right now, by far and away the best thing about it (and, dare I add, the only thing that's kept it all interesting) is the set of characters we have. Brakkus, Chev, Gamad the Albino, Voadam, and last but certainly not least the goblin Maelicent have kept my attention.

Remove ads