The Rod of Seven Parts Original Recruitment

Rhun

First Post
CanadienneBacon said:
Rhun, Aledown. That's a good name. And for a halfling, at that. :) I like the hobbit-like flavor of Rowan. This may make some of you gag, but halflings to me aren't halflings. They're hobbits. To wit, they don't wear shoes and are entirely Tolkien in flavor. You all play 'em as halflings if you like, I certainly won't insist that anyone make their "halfling" a "hobbit." Just know that in my mind, I'll be thinking of 'em like hobbits. :p Good choice of Loeund for Rowan's background, especially given that Loeund is famous for apple growing and Rowan likes fermented beverages. Appled ale might be something he'd really enjoy. Did you have anything in mind for from where Master Graycloak might hail? Or where his estate might be? I was surprised to see that you took 16 Dex (well, 14, really, but with the halfling +2...) and 10 Charisma. From the description, it seems like you could have gone the other way. But, then again, you did write for Rowan that he was severely whipped. Good choice on Eschew Materials. I have a nasty habit of liking to mess with players' spellbooks. :uhoh: It's nice to see that someone gave up Evocation. And grease has always been one of my favorite spells.

I generally play halflings as Tolkien in flavor, too...I mean, that's where they originally came from, after all. I didn't have any ideas as to where the wizard's abode would be. I picture it being in an area that is somewhat forlorn, away from a major population center, where Graycloak could get away with doing evil experiments and such. Perhaps you would have a suggestion that would fit?

I wouldn't have minded a better charisma, but there are only so many points to spread around. I had thought about reducing another ability to boost charisma, but then I realized that Rowan doesn't have any charisma based skills anyway, so it didn't seem to matter too much. I could drop his strength or wisdom to boost charisma, though...I'll have to ponder this. :D I do picture Rowan as the type that could fly off the handle. I've got a picture of him in my mind chasing children through the streets of a village while waving his walking stick in the air and yelling.

In my homebrew, I give all of my casters Eschew Materials. It is more of a flavor thing than anything else, but I hate the thought of a powerful wizard being useless if he somehow misplaces his spell component pouch.

And don't get me wrong...I love the evocation school. But when it comes right down to it, evocation and conjuration are very similar. And I wanted to have the grease spell (or newbie napalm, as it is sometimes called).

SlagMortar

First Post
Question for you--how do you feel about Brakkus's armsmaster being a dwarf?
That's fine. It would certainly explain why he is good at tripping. :) It will give him a good quip whenever he trips someone. "Boy that was much easier than tripping Marcel."

I'm going to copy what Rhun did for a game he runs and run two versions of this game. I'd asked for more submissions because I was looking to fill in slots in the two groups. No one has put in since the weekend, really, so I'll go ahead and declare groups and recruit to fill gaps in both groups. Anyone reading this who had thought about putting in for it but didn't and who might still be interested, Kauai Team needs a cleric. Lanai Team needs a rogue. I'll open up separate OOC threads for both teams. Voadam, if you're lurking, you get first dibs on either group or slot since you indicated earlier that you were interested. I don't think I missed anyone who submitted, but if you put in a character and don't see your name on the following role call, pipe up. I'll fix it. Am just kinda wiped out from things lately. :heh:

Kauai Team
Ambrus--Maelicent, the Gudwulf--Goblin Ranger
Argent Silvermage--Pilgrim--Kobold Paladin of Bahamut
BRP2--H. Lewit--Human Rogue
SlagMortar--Brakkus Erikson--Human Fighter 1
Strahd_Von_Zarovich--Gamad--Dwarf Transmuter

LanaiTeam
hafrogman--Rhys Brydon--Human Cleric of Chronepsis
Kularian--Kularian Arieus--Human Bard
Malvoisin--Baliss Trek--Half-orc Ranger
pallandrome--Wyleck--Halfling Druid
Rhun--Rowan Aledown--Halfling Conjurer
Tailspinner--Phud--Half-orc Sorcerer

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
Kauai Team
A dwarf and a goblin, that should be interesting ...
Hey Ambrus, behave youself, I got +1 vs. Goblinoids :D
Hi all, ready to roll
Ha Ha! I'm more interested in the Goblin-Kobold plots against the Dwarf. :lol: (Just Kidding.)

moritheil

First Post
CanadienneBacon said:
No, you don't correctly understand what it is that I'm driving for.

Ah, I just wasn't sure why you were asking for more submissions despite your statement that you only wanted 5-7 in a party. Now I see. I hope I didn't offend you; I just wanted to be clear what was going on. :D

I see that the fighter spot has been taken, though. Alas! Perhaps I'll submit a cleric of law.

Remove ads