• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sands of Solaris - Chapter One

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Djamir laughs a hearty laugh and shakes the humans hand. "Salutations efendi. May our path be one of wisdom and strength. Now where do we start? Has anyone here thought of how we are to travel to Solaris?"

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"In a roundabout manner, or so I'm told. We're supposed to wander, gain knowledge, and so on." Tarim sounds a little dubious. "A direct path will, I expect, have us dying of heatstroke before we even get close."

John E Smoke

First Post
After a moment's reflection, Khalas speaks. "I believe that the first steps we should take would follow those who took this quest before us. We should find out what route they have taken, and learn as they have. Hopefully we shall steer ourselves clear of whatever mistakes that have caused their failure - if indeed they failed at all."

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"I'd hate to stumble into the same dark alley as our predecessors." Tarim grins. "If I have to die a glorious death in the search of enlightenment, I'd rather it not be because I made a stupid mistake."

Phoenix

First Post
Your heart-felt introductions are mirrored by the other groups of 'chosen' that linger in the oasis momentarily, and from their excited conversations you can easily determine that the arguments and philosophical debates are proving to be more than some of the groups can stand.

Inevitably they begin to wander off, all of them heading southwards (that is, directly away from Solaris) towards the Caliph's nearby city of Alspinar. Many wander (or ride) slowly, more to allow the many traders, merchants, and peasants to reach the city before them to 'prepare' their goods for sale. The journey to Solaris is a tradition that many of the merchants take advantage of, especially since none may assist the chosen from their lands without cursing their quest.

Campfire tales and hearsay tell that the route to Solaris may not be a straight one, and many tales of doomed heroes tell of them travelling straight to the center of the lands and even to the edges of them, into the darkness. But all of the chosen groups have found their spiritual goal somewhere, though all tales be told that none of the groups ever reached Solaris itself....

Solaris Tip #1: Since there is no night and day in the lands, all day-dwellers carry specially fitted turbans or headpieces that can block the daylight when it comes time to sleep. Animals are used to the phonomenon, and many farmers and traders base their days by the movements of them.

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Djamir walks with the others and says, "May I suggest we head towards the Iridian tower? North from here and east. towards the Forest. It is said that some times what you are looking for is where you least expect it to be."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Argent Silvermage said:
Djamir walks with the others and says, "May I suggest we head towards the Iridian tower? North from here and east. towards the Forest. It is said that some times what you are looking for is where you least expect it to be."

"It seems no more unlikely than everywhere else, and a direction is always better than wandering aimlessly. I'm willing to go there, if you all are."

Remove ads